My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to obtain a petition?

lilcorymuzik

How do you go about getting a petition. I know that it is "2b1ask1" or something like that but I don't know any masons or masons in this area.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Find the Grand Lodge website for your state, look up the lodges in your town, and find out when they meet. Get to know them and let them get to know you.

dfreybur

Premium Member
So it would be true to say... Just knock on the door on the day of?

In the US that is the best method. Masonry is in person so in person works best. Show up about an hour before the time listed. Introduce yourself and ask on how to become a mason. Start showing up every month at that time. Except to be there a few months before the brothers know you well enough to give you a petition and sign it.

In other parts of the world you'd need to look up their process.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The Lodge I petitioned has a Saturday morning group that meets to talk about random subjects. They often get people who walk in off the street wanting to know more. As for myself, I called the phone number in the directory and was guided to this same group. A number of months later I was invited to Installation, and I asked for a petition that night.