My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how when and where

Marc lester

Hi! Freemason is very popular in the philippines I'm very interested of joining the Freemason but I'm currently residing here in Japan and very far from Tokyo is there any way I could join or can you refer me ?i live in Niigata 300km away from Tokyo and oh yeah I heard that philippine lodge supports the Tokyo grand lodge and I'm Filipino resident here in Japan ... My reason for joining first was I find masonry cool and as I research more and more that I wanna learn more and grow helping others searching the light :) hope I could get a reply thanks in advance oh! makes me more interested is our national hero in the Philippines Jose Rizal is a Freemason too

Marc lester

Found the list of lodges here in Japan nothing closer than 300 km distance will try to find a way to get closer with the lodges listed

Txmason

Come to Texas and we will get you done up right!

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

polmjonz

Marc, Kumusta ka? Ako asawa cebuana. will you be in Japan for a long time. If not it may benefit you to wait until you return to the Philippines. Waiting sucks, I know, I had to wait about 4 years until I was in a place to petition a regular lodge. As said above make sure to verify any potential lodges on the UGLE website to ensure no future problems.

Dr.martin

dr.martin

I have been interests in being a mason for years even when I was a lil boy I like the loyalty an the brother hood thay share if someone is will to take me under that wing an really take me in I will be more then thankful

polmjonz

Doc Martin, I am slightly confused by your post by what do you mean " to take me under that wing an really take me in." No disrespect meant to you sir but in your profile it says that you are MM. This may very well be an inadvertent error or misunderstanding on my part.

Marc lester

Uy sir thanks sa reply pag na punta ka dito sa Japan contact me interested ako Talaga thanks in advance sir sorry kala ko wala na mag reply sa post ko late na tuloy ako naka reply

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Marc, are you Pinoy? (I'm related to the Suacos, who used to own Suaco Pharmaceuticals, a very long time ago. My great-grandfather was Antonio Suaco, who studied at Purdue University in the USA and then went back to the Philippines.)

Marc lester

Yes I'm a pinoy living here in Japan sir :) I'm sure I heard that family name somewhere when I was in the Phil just can't remember , if you grandfather was a pharmaceutical company owner then you must be from a higher class of society sir and your grandfather has powerful influential man in Philippines :) okay now I remember it's Wyeth suaco laboratories now you must be a millionaire sir heheh!

Last edited:

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Yes I'm a pinoy living here in Japan sir :) I'm sure I heard that family name somewhere when I was in the Phil just can't remember , if you grandfather was a pharmaceutical company owner then you must be from a higher class of society sir and your grandfather has powerful influential man in Philippines :) okay now I remember it's Wyeth suaco laboratories now you must be a millionaire sir heheh!

Alas, no. Although Grandpa Tony was the senior son, he married without family approval while he was at Purdue. Eventually, he divorced my great-grandmother and returned to the Philippines. His children from a subsequent marriage inherited the Suaco properties.

jvarnell

Premium Member

I was just having fun reading this thread until I saw this post. In Masonary there is no classes of society.

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
I was just having fun reading this thread until I saw this post. In Masonary there is no classes of society.

In Masonry, you are right, no there aren't. But our friend here is not a Mason and societal classes are in fact a part of the profane world. While we all have a lot to learn, we as Masons, also have a lot to teach. Even if a man never actually takes the step to become a Mason, there is still much he can learn from our great fraternity, even if it is just by example alone and nothing else. This is where it SHOULD be fun, not only in our self improvement, but in the opportunity to help improve others as well. Just my two cents, whatever its worth :)

polmjonz

Marc, Hopefully you have found something on a more local lodge to you the search results for the grand lodge of japan are disappointing as it appears they may be rebuilding their website. I don't think i have any contacts left in japan who are masons to help out with finding a lodge. Here is what i found on the nippon lodge #9 website from Sasebo Japan. Yu can see if any of these are close to you. Wish you the best of luck.

The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Japan: http://www.japan-freemasons.org
Far East Lodge #1, Yokohama: http://www2.gol.com/users/lodge/index.html
Square & Compass Lodge #3, Kunitachi: http://square-compass3.org/moodle/
Kokusai Lodge #15, Tokyo: http://www.kokusailodge.yolasite.com/
Kintai Lodge #16, Iwakuni: http://iwakunimastermason.com/home
Yokosuka Lodge #20, Yokosuka: http://www.yokosukalodge20.com

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I see a severe shortage of Japanese (Yamato) Masons in the lodge pages that were still up. Is this typical of Freemasonry in Japan--that it's pretty much for foreigners?