My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have seen the Star in the East

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I should also add that while school is in session, the kids have choir practice on Wednesday when OES meets thereby making it almost impossible for both of us that time of the year. Your "everyday" babysitter is not qualified to play car-pool...

Dana

There are also non Masonic moms and dads that can car pool to and from school functions for you.

Chuckfw

Joined OES in 1973 (I think) in Sulphur Springs and was my wifes Worthy Patron at Ridglea #999 in 1992. Had a great time with the ladies and really enjoyed experience. However... the meetings are so very looooooong!

Bro. Bennett

Premium Member
Since being raised to the Sublime Degree of MM, I have had 2 members of OES tell me that I should join. I may go to their meeting next month to see if there would be any merit for me, a single man to do so.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Since being raised to the Sublime Degree of MM, I have had 2 members of OES tell me that I should join. I may go to their meeting next month to see if there would be any merit for me, a single man to do so.

Bro Bennett,

I really enjoyed the OES Degrees that I received when I was initiated into the Order. I think that every Brother should go through the OES Degrees at some point in their Masonic lifetime. Even though you are singe, I know that the ladies need all of the support that we Brethren can give to them and I assure you that you will be WELL cared for by them.

I say GO FOR IT!!

RichardRLJ

Premium Member
I am, but my wife is not. She is afraid they will put her to work. She is a Beauceant, however.

My mother was Past Worthy Matron and a 50 year member.

Beathard

Premium Member
Single and not in the star? Man, you are missing some of the best meals anywhere. Our ladies eat better than we do!

Ashlar

I have been in the OES for years . I went in long before my wife because I wanted to support our Chapter , and she was on the fence about petitioning and I am not one to wait around . It worked out wonderfully because not only did it finally give her the push she needed to petition but I was the one who got to put on the work when she did go through .

Luckily the wife and I have no children so we do we please when we please .

paco219

Need a little help

I have been one for years. But my wife was thinking about joining of course since i am active. She want to know about the order can any brother direct me to and reading material without giving up any secrets?

Last edited:

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
Re: Need a little help

I have been a member since Nov 09 and I will be moving up to the West (hopefully) this next Spring.

KwajDrafter

Premium Member
I am a member of Amistad Chapter #1115 in San Antonio, dual with Templar Chapter #374 in Dallas. Past Patron of Plano Chapter #703 in Plano (2007-08).