I keep reading 2be1ask1.

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by John Jennings, Nov 3, 2013.

1. John Jennings

John Jennings Registered User

I am located in Columbia, South Carolina. I am not a mason yet, but I am very interested in getting to know some men who are. I've read some of the responses that say to just visit a lodge at random and introduce yourself. With the many lodges that can be a bit intimidating. Also, I am sure many of you who are masons probably didn't go that route. I'm assuming a few of you reached out and someone was more than happy to talk with you. So on that note, I am asking if anyone nearby would be willing to contact me. I am truly interested in being a part of a great brotherhood.

Please send me a PM if you are willing to help!

My Freemasonry

2. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

John, I looked up the lodge number in the phone book, called, and was invited to coffee that Saturday. Several months later, I petitioned.

You don't have to find one specific person to walk you through the door, you have to knock. It's really that simple.

3. uptown357

uptown357 Registered User

Hey bro. I have a few contacts for you. I sent you a email with a few questions.

My Freemasonry

4. John Jennings

I got it! Thanks!

5. Mr.Gixxer

Mr.Gixxer Registered User

anyone here from alabama?

6. CuAllaidh

CuAllaidh Registered User

John, when I first looked into masonry I called a local lodge and they had some guys meet me and discuss it. I didn't join at the time, but as I understand it that's pretty much how everyone does it. This time around several of my co-workers were masons so I simply asked them.

7. Zaden

Zaden Registered User

I'm originally from AL, now in TX.

8. Bro. Craftsman777

Bro. Craftsman777 Registered User

I'm not a mason yet but I went to a lodge, and introduced myself just like these gentlemen have instructed me. I've met a great group of men and am now waiting to be balloted on February 11th. I don't have much experience but I'd say going to the lodge and introducing myself was a great way of doing It because I got to know all the members and I've even told that I should have nothing to worry about when they vote because the members all know me and enjoy my company

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

9. John Jennings

My investigation is this Thursday! I'm pretty excited.

10. Bro. Craftsman777

Bro. Craftsman777 Registered User

Have you been given a date for the ballot to take place?

11. hollywoodbwc

hollywoodbwc Registered User

After you get your 3rd come visit us up at Lockhart 244! We're about 2 hours from you. www.lockhart244.com

12. acjohnson53

acjohnson53 Registered User

Mr Jennings you should have raised by now, hopefully you’re in a seat...

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

bupton52 and Bloke like this.

Share My Freemasonry