i want to be a mason and i dont know how to become one

Discussion in 'Becoming a Freemason' started by NobleNick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. NobleNick

NobleNick Registered User

my grandfather was a mason and i found this interesting i want to know more about it and outher then that join

2. THemenway

THemenway Registered User

You came to the right place. The guys in here have given me a lot of guidance and kind words since I started coming here.
    It has been extemely helpful.
    Good Luck on your journey.

3. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, glad to hear you're interested in our fraternity! You won't find a more noble institution anywhere.

That being said, is the only reason you wish to join because of your grandfather's affiliation?

4. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

Glad to hear it! Where are you located? There is a good chance some of the brothers on the site live near you and can give you some more detailed info based on your location.

My Grandfather was a Mason, as well, that is where my interest in the Lodge came from. After joining, I realized what it was that he loved and enjoyed so much about the fraternity.

Whether it be a relative, friend, neighbor, teacher or some stranger who make a good impression upon you, being drawn to the fraternity by the good nature of Mason is a great thing. We as Masons should strive to be the reason someone like you decides to join our fine fraternity.

5. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Congratulations upon taking the first steps towards a enlightenednd future!!

Great Job Nate!!

I think that you will make a great "mentor" for this future Brother! Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you...

6. NobleNick

NobleNick Registered User

Yes and no i was interested since my grandfather but i also found it interesting when i looked into it more also i live in san antonio texas. Thanks guys for replying.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  7. sunseri1986

sunseri1986 Registered User

Im interested in more info about joining but im a female in suggestions?

8. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

The majority of "mainstream" jurisdictions do not allow women to become Freemasons..

9. Brother Maples

Brother Maples Registered User

10. Bro_Vick

Bro_Vick Moderator Premium Member

I live in San Antonio, I would be happy to help you find a lodge that suits your needs. Either let me know on the forum or on PM.

S&F,
    -Bro Vick

11. gkhvede

gkhvede Registered User

hello everyone,
    My name is George ans I live in Georgia this is independent country near (Turkey, Russia, Black sea). I am looking for the someone who is a Mason. Would bo anyone so kind to assist me ??? If everyone can help please write is this Email gkhvede@gmail.com. Your contribution will be greatly appreciate.
    respectfully.
    George Khvedelidze

12. justin_524

justin_524 Registered User

who can i be a freemason

i really want to be a part of the freemasons i have been so intrested in them i try and learn all the rules and i love them soo much but i dont know how can anyone tell me how i may be a part of this wonderfull feternity ?

13. jpfla

jpfla Registered User

let me In

I am 38 I know not much but I long to become a free mason . I have no military background no high school diploma but I do have a brain .can I still become a free mason

14. Fraternal Greetings Brothers

We ate always welcoming good Men to make them better. Brother who know of well recommended Men, who will like to join, please let us know. We are in the Brooklyn New York Area . We are a well know Lodge by brothers from all over the world. Look us up on Facebook
    Baruchlodge613@facebook.com

WM Avigross
    A.F. & A.M.
    Brooklyn Masonic Temple
    317 Clermont Ave
    Brooklyn , NY 11201
    718-809-4568

15. We know brothers and Lodges all over the world. We can help you right in the state that you live in

16. wahas

wahas Registered User

if u really know brother and lodge all over the world, then plz help to find one in Yemen ,, coz i was looking for one for long time but i really didnt find ,,

17. amaya14

amaya14 Registered User

I in Afghanistan, just like you NobleNick, I also would like to joint. I met a Sir Knight while here and the appealing way he addressed it to me was impressive I became interested to know more about it, and eventually I will joint. There is no one in my family have ever been a mason. Once I get back to the U.S.A I will visit the A.F. & A.M. in my town; Belleville, Illinois. Eventually I will move to TX but I still do not know where I will end up. I know by becoming a mason I will become more knowledgeable of life and myself.

18. cool ron00

cool ron00 Registered User

i looking for a good lodge i was in lodge #285 deer creek lodge north carolina now i live in newyork i was in the marine corps for 10yrs i 53yrs old i was to get in to a good lodge

19. keith@jdeufelcsi.com

keith@jdeufelcsi.com Registered User

Looking for some support as well.
    I have a strong interest in becoming a member/brother as well.
    I am a 41 year old professional and I live about 25 miles north of Detroit, Mi.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Pruettk1221@gmail.com

Thanks Keith

Freemason Connect Mobile

20. dew_time

dew_time Registered User

This thread is overflowing with potential masons... this great!

Freemason Connect Mobile

Share My Freemasonry