My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i want to be a mason and i dont know how to become one

HMorris

I am too looking for guidance or help on becoming apart of the brotherhood. Im a 20 year old soldier and my only worries is finding the right lodge. If anyone is willing to help me you can message me. I have a few questions about joining and also being apart of the military.

Freemason Connect Mobile

BrianMcMLG

I was just initiated to the fraternity yesterday. When I was in your current situation, I learned that I had to ask a current Mason for a petition. My problem was that I didn't know any currently active Masons. I looked in the yellow pages, found the closest temple, and knocked on the front door. The gentlemen I met that night (whom I now call 'brother') were very helpful in telling me a little bit about what Freemasonry is and even helped me get my petition signed. I suggest contacting the closest lodge to you and asking the secretary whatever questions you may have. Odds are you will get the answers you seek and the help petitioning for membership if you decide to follow through. Good luck. God bless.

Freemason Connect Mobile

copen-74

A couple years back when I wanted to become a Mason I looked up a lodge near my home found there meeting date online and showed up at the door I was welcomed in they asked if I wanted to eat with them and one of the guys I now call brother gave me his number if I had any questions we talked for hours and he answered all my questions

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

I wondered into a lodge for an open to the public breakfast. I sat and talked to several members for a couple hours and I was ready to leave I asked for a petition. I sat and filled it out and when that was done I handed it to the secretary of the lodge and he showed me around. It's been a month and just finished my interveiws tonight. Its not that hard to be one.. just ask one.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Freemasonry mobile app

dew_time

Its not that hard to be one.. just ask one.

I should add that asking one over the internet will only get you pointed in the direction of a recognized lodge that you MUST approach and then ask the masons at that lodge. Unless you happen to run into a guy here that's at a lodge near you, you MUST do it yourself... in person.

jwest

You can go to Georgia's grand lodge site to find a lodge in your area. Also in the state of ga you must be 21 to apply. Now would be a good time to start getting to know members so when you apply you will have some members who will have known you for a year and can sing you patios.

Freemason Connect Mobile

newkid18

2b1ask1 just talk to you local lodge and see what days they meet for dinner and go up there and meet them I can guarentee you they will aceept you with open arms

Freemason Connect Mobile