My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to join the brotherhood

andrew626

Im from el monte in california, I would like to meet with local masons and learn about freemasonry.im working on being a cabinet designer.perhaps i can learn some techniques or styles from a real mason?

Freemason Connect Mobile

widows son

Premium Member
Find a regular and recognized lodge in your area, find out when they meet, show before or after the meeting and go from there. I've heard many brethren on here say to shop around and see which lodge is best for you. I stress though, make sure the lodge you visit isn't clandestine. Your options are either the mainstream GRand Lodge of California or the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of California. Good luck.

andrew626

Thank you for the advice , im going to look into the schedule of lodges for meetings.maybe ill embark into a new journey.

Freemason Connect Mobile

blacksmith83

I am currently petitioning my local lodge in edmonton, alberta, canada for membership...i go for an interview of sorts july 3rd. What kind of questions or discussions could I expect? Also what kind of time frame can i look at before knowing if i am granted/rejected membership as an ea?
Much thanks,
Lee

Freemason Connect Mobile

widows son

Premium Member
"I am currently petitioning my local lodge in edmonton, alberta, canada for membership...i go for an interview of sorts july 3rd. What kind of questions or discussions could I expect? Also what kind of time frame can i look at before knowing if i am granted/rejected membership as an ea?
Much thanks,
Lee"

• Hey Lee, I'm from Niagara Falls Ontario, it's good to see another fellow Canadian brother here. The questions they ask are of your character. Usually it's a few months from when you meet to when your initiated. You have to be balloted on etc. Most lodges meet only once a month.

blacksmith83

Ok thanks, sucks for the waiting period...generally an eager person when it comes to learning, but like they say patience is a virtue : P

Freemason Connect Mobile

widows son

Premium Member
"Ok thanks, sucks for the waiting period...generally an eager person when it comes to learning, but like they say patience is a virtue : P"

• they also ask if you believe in a supreme being (which I'm sure you're aware) they may ask if you've discussed Masonry with your wife or significant other.

Eagerness is good. It's my opinion that Masonry needs more eager brethren. My advice is to get involved with your lodge once your able to ASAP.

blacksmith83

I am aware of the requirements and all do apply to me, also i have discussed it with some friends and family (hope its not a bad thing lol)

Freemason Connect Mobile