Initiation, Rockport #323, August 5, 2012, 7:00pm

Discussion in 'Upcoming Masonic Events' started by BryanMaloney, Jul 24, 2012.

1. BryanMaloney

BryanMaloney Premium Member

I finally got the phone call.

I am to be initiated on August 5, 7:00pm, at Lodge #323 in Rockport.

2. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Congratulations & good luck! (I do have a question- August 5th is a Sunday.)

3. BryanMaloney

I know it's Sunday, but the Lodge Secretary did specify the 5th on the phone.

4. mattcaler

mattcaler Registered User

Congratulations and good luck!!!

5. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

He probably has his date wrong- Lodges cannot confer Degrees on Sundays. You might want to give him a call.

6. polmjonz

polmjonz Registered User

Congratulations Sir

7. promason

promason Registered User

Congratulations!

8. SeeKer.mm

SeeKer.mm Premium Member

Congratulations! I look forward to being able to address you as Brother. I do agree with the Brother's about the Sunday date though. If the rules in TX are the same as in CT a degree can not be conferred on a Sunday. We can't even open lodge. Best of luck and enjoy the ride!

9. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

Congrats!

10. BryanMaloney

I did check with the secretary, and it wasn't the 5th. I was initiated tonight.

11. SeeKer.mm

SeeKer.mm Premium Member

Congratulations! I hope it was an enlightening experience! My initiation was certainly enlightening, not to mention humbling.

12. BryanMaloney

Given my life, I can't say it was humbling. It felt far more exalting than humbling.

13. SeeKer.mm

SeeKer.mm Premium Member

Definitely an exalting experience for me too, but I must say that when I realized within my own self the seriousness and solemnity of the oaths I chose to take, the vastness of the fraternity, the acceptance of my Brothers, and the connection I felt to such an awesome history, I can't help but say that to me, it was a humbling experience. One of the things about Masonry is that it is a personal journey, and as such, one man will feel different from the next as he takes his degrees. To me that is just awesome. Brother Maloney, I have read a lot of your posts admire the intelligence and the light they bring to the forums and to the Brotherhood at large. I am glad that you have become initiated and I am happy to be able to call you Brother as we continue our journeys for more light.

Share My Freemasonry