My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interested in membership in Fort Worth, TX

crono782

Premium Member
I've used the Lodge locator at the grand lodge website and have found several. Can anybody recommend a good lodge to visit in the area for a 30 year old married man? Thanks!

bupton52

Premium Member
Are you thinking of going with the Grand Lodge of Texas or the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas?

jvarnell

Premium Member
If it was'nt a little drive I would say come on over to Duncanville. Even though this is the Masons of Texas site we have people from all over and it be a little bit before some that is in fort wort see this.

crono782

Premium Member
Hah yeah, I don't get out to Duncanville much except when I go to Joe Pool Lake during the summer (pshh, what am I saying, it's lake weather 10 months out of the year). I was finally able to get into contact with one local lodge and was invited to visit this evening.
I had contacted a few other local lodges as I've seen it suggested in several places to scout out what lodge "clicks" with me (or that I click with, hah).

Who knows when my travels with bring me to the south Dallas area next. Perhaps I might try to visit Duncanville sometime. ^_^

crono782

Premium Member
well, i met with members of the lodge last night and spoke w/ them about joining. the trick now will be finding three members who i know to put on my petition, hah. none of my family were ever involved. i guess it falls to find the ones i know though a mass social scavenger hunt. :/ still, i should be able to find some, just have to know where to look..

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
My suggestion is just start attending any functions that you can attend. If they have dinners, breakfasts, or anything like that attend them. Maybe show up for some fellowship before the meetings. As they get to know you and who you are as a person it won't be long before you have those signatures. Good luck in your journey.

jvarnell

Premium Member
well, i met with members of the lodge last night and spoke w/ them about joining. the trick now will be finding three members who i know to put on my petition, hah. none of my family were ever involved. i guess it falls to find the ones i know though a mass social scavenger hunt. :/ still, i should be able to find some, just have to know where to look..

I had the same problem I thought. When I was looking around at the lodge I found I knew a couple of past masters that had picture on the wall. I also found I knew some others by watching for rings. becarful some of the A&M rings look close from a distance.

crono782

Premium Member
Thanks guys. I was invited back to dinner with them next Tuesday to get to know them better. Looking up so far.

crono782

Premium Member
Keller Lodge #1084. There are others in the area too, but haven't made contact with them yet to visit.

crono782

Premium Member
I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to find 2 more signatures for my petition. You'd be surprised how many people you'd think were masons that are actually not (probably just as many as you thought wren't, but were. hah). In y'all's experience, what happens to interested men if this becomes an impasse? I've heard that keep visiting the lodge when they have meals and whatnot and "you'll get the signatures" or is it more likely that I will have to keep searching until I may/may not find 2 others?

rpbrown

Premium Member
If you keep attending the lodge so they can get to know you, in a short amount of time you should have the signatures.

We meet weekly for study and have had a couple of young men attend for over a month. They had 1 signature but gained what they needed and we will be voting on them this week.

crono782

Premium Member
Thanks for the advice. Def makes me feel better. You're in Irving huh? What lodge do you go to? Irving isn't exactly close to me, but it isn't very far either (takes me about 25 min on a good day to get to belt line/183). I might like to visit another lodge sometime, hah.

Oh yeah, did you feel the earthquake??

crono782

Premium Member
I guess it would be better to say that I obtained my 3 references?
This probably doesn't sound like much to some, but to someone who has no prior (living at least) masons in my family nor any friends or coworkers (that I currently know of) that are masons, I feel rather accomplished in finding 3 that had a connection to me. :D