Internet Lodges

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by MRichard, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

tldubb, Raymond Walters and Glen Cook like this.
  2. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Ireland lodge 2000 and Castle Island vertual
    Lodge no. 190.

I checked out all three before petitioning 9659. It's been a great experience so far.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

To my knowledge Castle Island is the only one that actually meets online.

MRichard likes this.
  4. MRichard

Yes according to the article. Never heard of that. Sounds interesting.

Matt Ross likes this.
  5. vangoedenaam

vangoedenaam Premium Member

I have visited, well, yeah, visited Castle Island Virtual Lodge. Its great. The feeling of fraternal ties across oceans. I love it. If it was more friendly to my timezone i'ld be there, well, there regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

MRichard likes this.
  6. Brother JC

It's only a couple hours off my time zone, but it's just enough that I'd have to leave work early to attend.

7. vangoedenaam

vangoedenaam Premium Member

8. Brother JC

Jacket, tie, and apron over pajamas?

9. Kenneth NC Mason

Kenneth NC Mason Registered User

If you are a member of a Internet Lodge, such as the one under UGLE, what jurisdictions are you allowed to visit if you hold plural membership with another jurisdiction? Example: If you are a member of the Grand Lodge of Georgia or South Carolina you can't visit a prince hall lodge, but if you're a member of UGLE you could. So is it just a matter of what dues card you choose to show at the meeting?

AFMR E.I.Wells likes this.
  10. MRichard

Better ask @Glen Cook for that one.

11. Brother JC

UGLE isn’t in amity with the PHAGLs of Georgia or South Carolina, so you still couldn’t visit in that specific example.

12. MRichard

That's true.

13. MRichard

The UGLE will only recognize newer grand lodges in amity with the older grand lodge. So the only grand lodges in states that would apply would be the one where there was recognition without visitation.

Oklahoma PHA is in amity with the state grand lodge but either hasn't applied or is still going through the process of getting recognized by the UGLE. I would think it's the former since the grand lodges have been in amity for years. Not sure about Kentucky, they approved visitation recently if I am not mistaken.

14. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

That’s a question for GA and SC. When KY was not in amity, they disciplined a member who visited a PHA lodge, even though his other GL allowed such.

Matt Ross, Warrior1256 and MarkR like this.
  15. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

That's interesting. A common sort of thing Glen ?

16. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yep, that's a risk in being a member in more than one Grand Jurisdiction. Something perfectly legal in one could get you in trouble with the other, and the first might very well honor any suspensions or expulsions.

Glen Cook likes this.
  17. Glen Cook

I decline invitations from the Italian grand lodges as UGLE and UT/OK recognize different groups. Would I get into trouble? It’s possible no one would ever know, but as an officer in both, I would not wish to reflect poorly on my Grand Lodge

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  18. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

Hold on??Is the internet lodge something fratenal over the internet for already masons or is there a group of only online masons doing their degrees only online?

19. Glen Cook

No. Seehttp://internet.lodge.org.uk/

20. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

Good.
    In martial arts the online grading ahs done alot of damage to many styles and organizations. I would of been really bummed to find out masonry would of follow the same path.
    I have always been an active internet forum member in various forums around my intrests (martial arts, dogs and now masonry) and I would think in a way this forum as well is a extension to lodge room. Kind of like world wide fraternal dinner. :)
    I might look into that internet lodge in more depth later.

Share My Freemasonry