My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interview/Meeting with Investigative Committee Tonight

Derinique Kendrick

In what seems to have been the longest waiting period (for whatever reason), I finally got notification that my wife and I will meet with the Investigative Committee tonight.

Any advice, as far as dos and donts in the meeting?

Derinique Kendrick

Thanks @Ghost and congrats on your recent raising. (I look forward to the day I can be able to say that). The meeting went great really laid back and comfortable. I'm just waiting on what's next.

Ghost

Premium Member
Thank you it was great. You'll get there as well. Each one is special in its own way. They should state their findings at the next stated meeting and vote. I had to wait about 2 weeks to hear back.

Derinique Kendrick

Great, because their next meeting is next Tuesday so I'm hoping they vote at that meeting so I can hear back, but I'm not trying to rush it just anxious to hear back and what the results were.

I'm really looking forward to it because if found worthy I'd be the first of my grandparents ( mason and oes and my grandfather was also a Shriner. My father decided not to join but I have an uncle who is a mason as well) grandchildren to keep the torch lit and the legacy going and that means a lot to me. @Ghost

dfreybur

Premium Member
Is it common for an investigation committee to question the "significant other" as well?

It is a requirement in all 3 of my jurisdictions, though it is not always done by the investigation committee. We want the wives to be supportive.

Us - Are you okay with your husband becoming a Mason?
Her - Our pastor objects.
Him - That's okay. We're switching to the church down the street so this is not a problem.
Her - (Eye glare like laser beams)
Us - I thin we should step outside to enjoy your gardening. Will you excuse us please?
(later after we stare at the bushes for a while and wonder what just happened)
Him - I've decided that petitioning was a mistake. Can I withdraw my petition please?
Us - No problem Would you like the check returned or shredded?

My weirdest investigation committee experience ever!