My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interview/Meeting with Investigative Committee Tonight

Bro. Staton

It is a requirement in all 3 of my jurisdictions, though it is not always done by the investigation committee. We want the wives to be supportive.

Us - Are you okay with your husband becoming a Mason?
Her - Our pastor objects.
Him - That's okay. We're switching to the church down the street so this is not a problem.
Her - (Eye glare like laser beams)
Us - I thin we should step outside to enjoy your gardening. Will you excuse us please?
(later after we stare at the bushes for a while and wonder what just happened)
Him - I've decided that petitioning was a mistake. Can I withdraw my petition please?
Us - No problem Would you like the check returned or shredded?

My weirdest investigation committee experience ever!
Wow!!!! lol.....

dfreybur

Premium Member
Wow!!!! lol.....

Yep. Synod something split up over Masonry. Half ended up a lot of Masons. Half ended up forbidding its members from becoming Masons. I don't understand what happened or why but with that's what happened. The husband figured he'd just move down the street to the other half and I guess it never occurred to him that we needed his wife to be okay with him becoming a Mason. To me walking down the street to the next church seems a routine matter, but my wife is not attached to a specific congregation.

I've been to Masonic funerals of Synod members. It gets weird with half of the crowd glaring and half of the crowd wistfully remembering lodge events attended with our departed brother. Same song, different verse.

GA.3P5H7A

Echoing @rustysoap, when saying it has been a great experience thus far. The process is a beautiful one and a word of advice, having just recieved my 2nd degree, be sure to relax and focus on having listening ear. You'll love it.