My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Investigations: Gaurding the West Gate

Sirius

Ah well, will ya look at that? Someone just snuck in here and wrote Mason all over section 24 of my copy of GL law.

Well done, Worshipful!

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
I still have yet to find anything anywhere stating that members of the investigation committee can't talk to each other. I keep hearing folks say that, but I'm coming up empty.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
The disciplinary violation 24 could defintley be applied in this manner but its wording covers campianing after you are a Mason.

Violation 17 Covers all there is to be covered about a candidate coming in saying you cannot canvas for or against which in essence is almost the same thing as 24 but it covers the law clearly for campianing after you are a Mason.

Brother Wyndell, as far as the investigation com. having to "justify" no they should not but knowing what you meant by that the Lodge can request more detail on their investigation reports along with GL questions which would explain the unfavorble status to the Lodge through the report if it is done right. In Art 412 it say we can report on the reputation, moral character and other matters the Lode is called upon to pass in balloting on petitioner so if the Lodge sets standards and questions on the investigation reports above and beyond what we already have the candidate could just speak for himself. we just report it to Lodge.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Brothers, we need to remember also that when we cast a ballot for or against a petitioner for the degrees, we also test our own character. The WM admonishes us each time we ballot to "vote for the good of masonry and the good of masonry alone and let no private pique or quarrel interfere with your vote. I say this because not simply not liking a man in of itself , in my opinion , is not sufficient grounds to blackball someone.

One thing I have found in Freemasonry, One question answered brings up a hundred more that aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingnut

Premium Member
I wish all the decisions and proceedings were available in PDF!!! I bet some of these questions have had clarifications issued as a decision.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
FYI, Rhit, Scott and I discussed part of this issue with the Grand Secretary yesterday, and there is nothing prohibiting members of the investigation committee from communicating their findings with each other.