My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irony At Its Most Ironic-est

by Christopher Hodapp Like so many other groups all over the world, the annual Conference of Grand Masters of Masons in North America has been forced to drop its in-person meeting this year because...

For the latest news and information from around the Masonic world, be sure to check the www.freemasonsfordummies.com website.
ivEvzBrB0tw

Continue reading...

Bloke

Premium Member
Lodges may not have a Facebook page or any other social media page. And all digital interaction about Freemasonry is forbidden
Does that mean they have to mail all their summons by post ?
Not a very practical position - and through the COVID-19 pandemic - our lodges have been holding business meetings via ZOOM, at the encouragement of our GL (no signs).. and the main focus of many of them have been social "how are you doing" kinda events.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Does that mean they have to mail all their summons by post ?
Not a very practical position - and through the COVID-19 pandemic - our lodges have been holding business meetings via ZOOM, at the encouragement of our GL (no signs).. and the main focus of many of them have been social "how are you doing" kinda events.
Most US lodges don’t send summonses.

Bloke

Premium Member
Most US lodges don’t send summonses.
Really !? It always amazed me how "standard practice" is not so standard ..

Do they send some sort of notice of a meeting ?

Of all the time I have been on the web, I've never even asked the question of any of my American Brothers..

I still got a lot to learn..

Winter

Premium Member
The Lodges I have been a member of or visited put out a monthly newsletter, usually called a trestle board. This tells the members when the meetings are and for what purpose. If it is a special communication they usually have an email list or call tree or something similar.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk