My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Freemasonry

owls84

Premium Member
To me it is a lifestyle. Funny you bring this up. I actually say this to all the candidates. "It is much more than a fraternity but it is a lifestyle to me."

HKTidwell

Premium Member
I personally think that it is both entwined in lessons, morality, and judgments.

Our lifestyle changes based upon the lessons we are taught. These lessons include symbolism for our everyday life, so that as we walk our daily lives we may look upon the beauty of Gods' creation and be ever reminded of those first few lessons. Morality ahh, is constantly demonstrated. Judgment, are we not taught to walk upright, and that our fellow brethren should ever be candid, enveloping in friendship, and with the ability to reprehend when we step out of line. This bond formed by the fraternity helps each of us to constantly walk upright, and hopefully to never allow for Freemasonry to be in a bad light.

Are we holding our brothers up, supporting, guiding, teaching, and learning together? Have we helped the newest to the oldest stand upright and tall? Most people think this is what religion does but I believe that each person has a responsibilty to his Brothers, friends, and Family to see that he helps where he can. While religion may be the baseline for people to know right from wrong, it is not the end all, know all. The lessons of yesteryear we must constantly look to for by these historical things we may have a glimpse of tomorrow. History is very important in all aspects of our lives, all religions are based in history, science/liberal arts/math/education is what it is today based upon yesterday, who we are is shaped by what occurred yesterday.

I know I went off topic but to me this isn't a simple question nor is it one that may be the same for each person. As I was told before I every became a Mason you get what you put into it. I think for some it is only a Fraternity, while others dig, dive into, and learn that it is a lifestyle that is supplemented with a GREAT fraternity helping each person.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I also think it is a Fraternity, but it has become a Lifestyle for me. I still enjoy it as much as when I was learning, and coming up. I am also having a lot of fun with it, and hope that is OK too... I guess if you are of a fraternity that has a great lifestyle, you will have fun.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
It is know dought a Fraternity. That can conform into ones lifestyle. There are not many better teachings to mix into your everday life than Masonry?

Nate C.

I think it can be viewed as only one or the other, but is more appropriately viewed as a little of both.