Is it better to be in the right or in the wrong?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by "Lewis", May 22, 2010.

1. "Lewis"

"Lewis" Registered User

Think about it. If you're right, you almost force others to accept your truth. Not only that, but you usually have to fight just to get a point out. However, if you're wrong, you get to see others' point of view. But there is that basic human instinct, to "win", to be right.

2. Traveling Man

Traveling Man Premium Member

Interesting; I’ve never thought about forcing my perception of “truth” upon others. I usually get to “see” others points of view just by listening. I think what you describe is called cacophony, it defies the term debate. It seems that today individuals cannot carry on a simple discussion. These same traits are also exhibited in manners (or lack thereof) shown to others. C’est La Vie

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  3. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

in my 6'7'' foot tall, irish, "in your face" attitude opinion, then "wrong" is better.

in my continually evolving opinion, being in the "right" is better.

read into this post as much as you want to, hopefully it is more thought provoking than it took. may every man take from it he likes to make of it.

4. Traveling Man

Traveling Man Premium Member

"Lewis" I see you put your name in quotes; does that mean you're an "un-Lewis"?

Oops! I see…

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  5. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

so many inferences to be made from the quotations!

Share My Freemasonry