My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a proper way to list your masonic affiliation on your resume?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
On my professional resume I do not list fraternal groups per se. I might list boards I have sat on, such as the Shriner's Hospital Board of Governors, as that demonstrates some expertise in matters of administration and governance. I simply don't understand how simply being a member of the fraternity means you can fulfill your vocation better than the next candidate.

I do list it on other CV's, as I have differing ones for differing purposes.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Affiliation, I don't list that. Accomplishments are a different story.

Going through the line is a formal process with mentoring and being mentored, formal class work on both leadership and administration. To get better management training you'd need at least an Associates in Business Administration. Plus going through the line is on-the-job management experience in non-profit organizations.

Let's say you where the first organizer of a lodge event that eventually turned into an annual tradition. That's an accomplishment bullet for event creation, organization, maintenance and delegation.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Affiliation, I don't list that. Accomplishments are a different story.

Going through the line is a formal process with mentoring and being mentored, formal class work on both leadership and administration. To get better management training you'd need at least an Associates in Business Administration. Plus going through the line is on-the-job management experience in non-profit organizations.

Let's say you where the first organizer of a lodge event that eventually turned into an annual tradition. That's an accomplishment bullet for event creation, organization, maintenance and delegation.
Makes sense.