My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a Texas Recognized Lodge in Antigua?

jwhoff

Premium Member
I wouldn't bet against the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania having a tie to Antigua. Pennsylvania was very active in the islands. Even in Louisiana during Andrew Jackson's time. I'd love to explore their GL library.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I wouldn't bet against the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania having a tie to Antigua. Pennsylvania was very active in the islands. Even in Louisiana during Andrew Jackson's time. I'd love to explore their GL library.

I certainly am not betting against them, I just can not seem to find any "proof in print" at hand.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Fire back if you get anything. This is a very good question. I think roots interest me more than most historical topics, especially in the Americas.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
UGLE has two Lodges in St. John's- St. John's #492 & Caribbee #2829. Hope this helps.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Yes.

That being said, Bro. Lins, could a Texas Mason attend one of those Lodges since the UGLE recognizes them, and we obviously recognize the UGLE?

Yes.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I wouldn't bet against the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania having a tie to Antigua.

I'll take that bet. The Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania has NO Lodges outside of its own state.

david918

Premium Member
The lodges are members of the UGLE which we recogonize.The UGLE has lodges all over the world not just in England.