My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any help for the widows son?

Superspark1011

Hi, I am a Scottish Mason hoping that one of my American brethren may be able to assist a poor, worthy and distressed brother in his search for further Masonic enlightenment.

After researching & writing the history of my Mother Royal Arch Chapter for our centenary celebrations, I discovered that our Chapter’s earliest origins and co-incidentally also those of my Mother Preceptory & Priory’s both lay within the (now defunct) Early Grand Encampment of Scotland. As a result of this discovery, I have recently been directing my Masonic researches towards the history, structure and workings of Early Grand Encampment of Scotland.

I have been trying for the past few months (without any success) to source a copy of a masonic book titled Collectanea, Volume 11, part 1, which was published and issued by the Grand College of Rites of the United States of America in 1977, which contains information on the 28th to 44th degrees of Early Grand Encampment. I have tried contacting the Grand College of Rites to see if they could assist but the Grand Registrar unfortunately confirmed this volume is out of print and they don't appear to have a copy in their library archives.

I am also currently trying to source a copy of another out of print book called Pour La Foy, written by George Draffen of Newington.

I have tried searching on line and looking in many antique book shops, but so far haven't been able to find anyone with a copy of either of these books.

I would be eternally grateful if any brother has a copy of either of these books (or even a facsimile copy, or PDF scan copy etc.) which they would consider loaning or selling to me, or if anyone could provide any information as to where I might be able to source a copy.

I would be more than happy to reimburse the costs of any financial expenses incurred.

Keith C

Contact the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania Library.

librarian@pagrandlodge.org

I would be surprised if they didn't have a copy, and if they do not they should know where to find one. They DO have a copy of Pour La Foy. They are well on the way to digitizing all of their collection and are the most helpful and professional folks you will find.

Superspark1011

I was going to suggest you join the GCoR but I see you already went that route. Sorry.

Thanks Bro. Winter. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Grand Recorder of GCoR intimated that they don’t have a back copy of that volume in their library. So my search continues. All the best.