My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It’s Ok For Muslim Violence Against Christians

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
Here is a wonderful and short article about the state of our country -

http://www.westernjournalism.com/judge-says-its-ok-for-muslim-violence-against-christians/#!

I remember going through the Commandery and there might have been something in there about this...

"The deputies not only refused to protect them, they threatened to arrest them for disorderly conduct if they continued talking about Jesus and the Bible in the presence of the Muslims. Such talk was deemed to be offensive to the Muslims who felt justified in responding with violence."

widows son

Premium Member

Not ok for any one to be violent. Especially when it comes to beliefs.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I am thankful I live in Texas. Christmas trees in school and hopefully we can call them that. :cool:
Its up to the house, senate, and good ol rick.
Freemason Connect Mobile

Last edited:

filmgeekben

A poorly cited and clearly biased article. I don't even know, based on this article, if it occurred this year or in the past.

I would not put too much stock in this article which seeks to sow discord between people of faith. The article even calls Muslims "the lost". Imagine an article describing an opposite event talking about Christians as infidels. This is not good journalism or healthy discourse.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Vikti

I use to work with a Muslim and one of his best traits was that he (and his family, I met them too) were so tolerant of others, unless some fool started pushing his buttons about pork and alcohol. During one of our many Q&A sessions that we had at work over our faiths, one thing he told me that Jesus is mentioned by name more times in the Koran than in the bible. He told me that in the Muslim faith that they don't consider Jesus the Messiah but a great teacher that one should listen to but Mohammad is the one a Muslim should follow. It's so sad that a person like my former coworker as well as the majority of peace loving Muslims should be placed into the same group as the intolerant zealots have created.

Freemason Connect Mobile

dew_time

I am thankful I live in Texas. Christmas trees in school and hopefully we can call them that. :cool:
Its up to the house, senate, and good ol rick.
Freemason Connect Mobile

Its pretty sad that saying merry christmas isn't politically correct anymore. Especially since christmas has nothing to do with politics...
Btw, I think they call them holiday trees nowadays

Freemason Connect Mobile

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It's so sad that a person like my former coworker as well as the majority of peace loving Muslims should be placed into the same group as the intolerant zealots have created.

They are the solution to their own problem. If they would band together against the radicals of their faith, they could solve the problem. As long as they remain silent and sit on their hands, things will persist as they do now.

widows son

Premium Member

"They are the solution to their own problem. If they would band together against the radicals of their faith, they could solve the problem. As long as they remain silent and sit on their hands, things will persist as they do now."

• I think the same can go for Christians as well. Fundamentalist hate groups have been running a mock for decades in North America, claiming to be Christian, with full tax exempt status.

Michael Neumann

Premium Member
I have many many friends that follow Islam, I was not posting against the religion... I was posting against the stupidity of the judgment. Using that same though pattern I would be justified in beating the daylights out of the Westboro (site - godhatesfags.com) Baptist Church followers for protesting our fallen soldiers.

Condoning violence because of religious or political beliefs flies in the face of everything our country was founded upon.

Last edited:

Aeelorty

From the videos I saw about this event, it looked mostly like kids, teens and young adults were the ones who were getting the most riled up about the insults and taunts. It just so happens that this age group is the one most impulsive and likely to get into trouble. If there was a group I was trying to get to act out it would be kids and teens, Which is likely who first started throwing things.

jvarnell

Premium Member
If you have ever read the Quran and hadith (I have) you will see where this comes from in Islam. I as a Christian believe conversions to a faith is with in and personal and showing others about our faith but being kind and giving is the way to do it. Giving water, a kind word and a smile. If someone doesn't want to hear it or doesn't want except doesn't have to acknowledge I am there. The Quran tells Muslams get in your face and force you to convert this is just it. I am sorry that I said that to those it affinds but that is what I have read in the Quran and Hadith. As a Mason we should be secure in our own faith and not force anyone to believe the way we do or humiliate them for offering a glims into our faith.

Aeelorty

If you have ever read the Quran and hadith (I have) you will see where this comes from in Islam. I as a Christian believe conversions to a faith is with in and personal and showing others about our faith but being kind and giving is the way to do it. Giving water, a kind word and a smile. If someone doesn't want to hear it or doesn't want except doesn't have to acknowledge I am there. The Quran tells Muslams get in your face and force you to convert this is just it. I am sorry that I said that to those it affinds but that is what I have read in the Quran and Hadith. As a Mason we should be secure in our own faith and not force anyone to believe the way we do or humiliate them for offering a glims into our faith.

Some interpret Islam that way but not one of the multitude of Muslims I know have tried to convert me in any way. On the other hand I get asked at work periodically if I go to church/ I should go to their church. One must realize that any religion and any religious book can be interpreted in many ways. To say all Muslims believe in or support violent conversion is wrong. There are roughly one billion Muslims in the world and their sects and beliefs are just as diverse as Christians. On that point, Buddhism is diverse also.

The Quran tells Muslams get in your face and force you to convert this is just it.
The Bible says the same thing and we have plenty of Evangelicals in America.

Masonry teaches tolerance to keep harmony. When we begin categorizing and generalizing about religions division and conflict is inevitable. A man cannot dictate the beliefs of another, especially on their religious beliefs.

jvarnell

Premium Member
The Bible says the same thing and we have plenty of Evangelicals in America.
QUOTE]

I have found nothing in the bible that comes out and says this but I have in the Quran. In the Hadith is talks about in 635AD where 1/3 of Mohammad's army were beheaded because they refused to call Mohammad a Profit as an example. I don't see that in the New teasement.

jvarnell

Premium Member
Remember Chirstian's are called "People of the Book" in Islam when you read both books in there intiarity.

Lyric'sMaster

i think both have a mistake here... quran must be understand not read, the reading is makin a people radicals, in bible same, my mother is christian and my father is muslim i have jurning much in the mysteries of understanding of religions so, ill say shortly that quran says ask people to become muslims normaly any religion says that but there is smthin else that says like time is goin you must change, if in 600'th were driving Camils we must not do same, we can drive ferrari also... u can take a exeple from Arabia, all bigest American buisnesmans have their corporations and towers in Dubai, u can see the land that islam was born is free that is 'coz Arabians have understanded the mean.
People u must one thing understand that holy books are the mesage to tell us that is just one god we must belive... Jesus in quran is writed and truthly i can say he were must clean, he was blassed with the spirit of gavril (gebrail), he is must respected prophet of quran, thos people who do those things makin truble to others thos people are out from their religion, out from their own iman(soul) they are not respected by muslims coz they are not muslims at all, one real muslim must always see his way, is forbident to see left and right what hapening and to do trubles.
Thanks for understanding do not take this reply such personal, i like a muslim want to give my meaning.
Have a greate time...

LittleHunter

I find some beauty and truth in all religions. Personally, I cannot accept any one book as God's word. Books are written by men. Even when we are divinely inspired we can only comprehend a part of the Infinite Light. To me, all scriptures are the records of men striving to understand our Creator... Striving to out into words that which transcends language. Therefore, IMO, all scripture is imperfect. It is useful, instructive and inspired... But it is Light filtered through the minds and languages or mortal men. There comes a time when we must put our books down and gaze upon the Light of our Creator as it lives and breathes all around us and within

Freemason Connect Mobile

Lyric'sMaster

I find some beauty and truth in all religions. Personally, I cannot accept any one book as God's word. Books are written by men. Even when we are divinely inspired we can only comprehend a part of the Infinite Light. To me, all scriptures are the records of men striving to understand our Creator... Striving to out into words that which transcends language. Therefore, IMO, all scripture is imperfect. It is useful, instructive and inspired... But it is Light filtered through the minds and languages or mortal men. There comes a time when we must put our books down and gaze upon the Light of our Creator as it lives and breathes all around us and within...

How can we belive in one creator, or how can i say in our great architect of universum called GOD when we will have no book's?
That is like you do a ritual but you know no where to start and how to finish! Tell me do i am wrong?
Knowlage comes from smware, for book's there exist no end my dear friend...
We must belive in fact's!

Don'Shakespeare Art's

Last edited:

Aeelorty

Well Christianity also uses the Old Testament Deuteronomy 13 v 5-10 calls for killing those who would lead a person away from G-d. I do not mean to be pugnacious I just want to drive home the importance of understanding that Islam is diverse in its beliefs. A Muslim is not necessarily a fundamentalist in the same way that a christian is not. I rail against the dangers of ingroup outgroup biases, judge each man by his plum line.

The violence that happened at Arab Festival is more easily and accurately explained by psychological principles rather than stemming from religious beliefs. Youths are more impulsive and inclined towards violence. This is true in every culture. Combine the bellicose nature of youths with the dangers of mob mentalities with just a touch of demeaning comments and violence is often likely to ensue. There is a prevalent belief in America that Muslims are often enemies, this leads to a sense of being ostracized for many which leads to feelings of resentment and anger, which can be incited in events like Arab Fest. Say one person throws an cup it does not take much for things to escalate.

To me this seems like a better explanation than saying Islam condones violence thus the incident is a natural outcrop of that.

LittleHunter

I agree with you. I'm just sharing my opinion that, or me, I have found valuable guidance in the scriptures of many faiths. I have never found one to be perfect and I am happy with that. I feel that each tradition has a precious piece of the great puzzle. For that reason it is great to share and work together

Freemason Connect Mobile