My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's been a while

LastKingSha174

Hello Brothers and Companions! It's been a while since I've been on the site due to my activity in Masonry and work. Since last I've posted, I have joined York Rite and currently I am a Royal Arch Mason at Ancient Temple Chapter No. 5 Albany, NY. My petitions for Council and Commandery have been accepted. I go for RM 2/13/15 and SM 3/13/15. My Commandery degree(s) [as I'm not sure if all will be conferred in one day or spread out] is scheduled for 3/28/15. I am particularly excited for the Order of the Temple Degree as everyone says it's one of the most beautiful rituals but reading through a few posts on here regarding uniforms has me a tad bit worried now. Is anyone familiar with Commanderies in NY? Are they real sticklers for having your own uniform immediately after joining? It may take me a while to scratch up enough to complete the uniform to the T especially with all my other dues and bills I have going on. Do you think this should be a major concern or am I thinking about it too much? Thank you.

Willaim Perkins

Hello Brothers and Companions! It's been a while since I've been on the site due to my activity in Masonry and work. Since last I've posted, I have joined York Rite and currently I am a Royal Arch Mason at Ancient Temple Chapter No. 5 Albany, NY. My petitions for Council and Commandery have been accepted. I go for RM 2/13/15 and SM 3/13/15. My Commandery degree(s) [as I'm not sure if all will be conferred in one day or spread out] is scheduled for 3/28/15. I am particularly excited for the Order of the Temple Degree as everyone says it's one of the most beautiful rituals but reading through a few posts on here regarding uniforms has me a tad bit worried now. Is anyone familiar with Commanderies in NY? Are they real sticklers for having your own uniform immediately after joining? It may take me a while to scratch up enough to complete the uniform to the T especially with all my other dues and bills I have going on. Do you think this should be a major concern or am I thinking about it too much? Thank you.
Congratulations on your continued journey my fellow Companion. A great deal of Light is dispensed in these degrees and it takes a while to absorb. BTW, in the Commandery it is Orders, not Degrees. Takes a little getting used to.

LastKingSha174

Thank you Companion. I can't wait to take part in these Orders. You're right that is going to take some getting used to lol