My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's that time of year.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Yeah ... it is!

We wait so long for the season to show up. The first three or four weeks go slow enough. Then the conference schedules and then ... it's all over.

There was a time when I jumped a plane every year and headed for someplace warm to get a sunburn and GET OVER IT. College football season in all-consuming for the avid fan. It is truly a way of life. Yes, we bleed Purple, Red, Blue, and Orange. Almost literally.

Brother Cog41, I more than many, appreciate your congratulating to the fans of Auburn. I've seen firsthand the 365-day back and forth which is the Iron Bowl. There is no middle ground in Alabama. Ohio State-Michigan, Texas-Texas A&M, USC-Notre Dame, Florida-Georgia pale in comparison.

We now turn our eyes toward the bowl games. The last chance to go out a winner for all concerned.

This was one of the better college football seasons in some time. Much strong competition and many big-time upsets. Many miraculous plays and endings. Great plays by great players everywhere.

And, for the adept, there's those early days of February that decide most games on a schedule years in advance. The time when recruiting efforts reap rewards and programs gain and lose in the rush for high school talent.

There are so many good teams involved this season that one would have difficulty picking seven of the final BCS Top Ten teams.

We had a good one this year boys.

Here's wishing everyone and their teams well through the bowl season.

I, for one, am now finalizing my seat locations for the August 30 matchup between Wisconsin and LSU at Reliant Stadium.

Such a long wait. Such a short season.

lsu4life4ever

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry HD1387041834.562666.jpg

Geaux Tigers.
Humble Lodge No. 979

jwhoff

Premium Member
I fear the ole days of "Punt Bama, Punt" are again upon us.

Yea ole War Eagle, Tide and SEC fans well remember those days of old.

Looks like Nick has decided to stay put! For this year ... anyway.

lsu4life4ever

Yes bro. Blaine. Football season is too short and the off season is too long.

Bro. Hoffpauir you ready for LSU-Wisconsin week 1?
Fournette may start!

Geaux Tigers.
Humble Lodge No. 979

jwhoff

Premium Member
lsu4life ... missed you at Humble Lodge fish fry Saturday. Hung around four hours and the boys put me to work. good time had by all.

yes, I expect he will. and yes brethren, college football season is much too short.

February signing day had ranked Alabama, LSU and then A&M fourth. That means, we will find out in the next three years which of these three schools in the same division of the same conference has the best overall coaching staff. Talent between 1,2, and 4 is just too close to being a dead heat. Can't wait!

Come on Wisconsin!

jwhoff

Premium Member
Duly noted Brother Jamie Guinn! The Sooners deserve much more respect than they sometimes get here in Baja Oklahoma.

And, for that matter, down 'Bama way!

:39:

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
It won't be brother till march... That's when my petition goes before the lodge... But glad I didn't petition in longhorn country... May have been black-balled. ;-)

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App