My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jewish Masonic bodies?

Gary Harper

I was wondering if there was any Jewish appendant bodies, similar to how Christians have the York Rite/Knights Templar

Winter

Premium Member
The Order of Judas Macabeus is non sectarian. I don't think that would count as a Jewish Masonic body.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Bostonian

To my knowledge, there currently isn't any masonic bodies that are Jewish. I am Jewish myself and would love to join a Jewish Masonic body myself. I'm curious to see how many brothers are of the Jewish faith - I know in Massachusetts (the jurisdiction which I reside), there are many Jewish brothers within the Fraternity. Also there is a lodge which is a "Jewish" lodge.

Bloke

Premium Member
To my knowledge, there currently isn't any masonic bodies that are Jewish. I am Jewish myself and would love to join a Jewish Masonic body myself. I'm curious to see how many brothers are of the Jewish faith - I know in Massachusetts (the jurisdiction which I reside), there are many Jewish brothers within the Fraternity. Also there is a lodge which is a "Jewish" lodge.
Same here in Melbourne Australia

CLewey44

Sounds like someone needs to try and write up a draft on a new appendant body. Floor work, ritual work, verbage, goals etc. Could be very beneficial.

CLewey44

Lol, I was pretty much thinking the same thing. I just didn't want to feed into the tin foil hat wearing, conspiracy folks.

Bostonian

How would we go forward and create a new appendant body in all seriousness? This would be a fantastic thing to do!

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
How would we go forward and create a new appendant body in all seriousness? This would be a fantastic thing to do!
  1. Identify how many lessons you want to present.
  2. Create rudimentary skits with dialogs and choreographies.
  3. Add secret words and handshakes.
  4. Test run them outside the knowledge of the lodge.
  5. Fine tune them.
  6. Create a lodge event to do a first run.
  7. Add traditions, officer-ships, lore, rules and a hierarchy that will put it all into concrete and drive it to a suitable death in about 100 years.

CLewey44

5. Fine tune them.
  7. Add traditions, officer-ships, lore, rules and a hierarchy that will put it all into concrete and drive it to a suitable death in about 100 years.

The last part may be true, but it'd be fun to try if you were so inclined.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Aside from Br Nagy's well taken comment, you gotta be kiddin! We have so many side orders now the Kadoshko Lapel Extender is in overtime production at its new plant (ignoring, of course, the 14% participation at most blue lodges).

If you want a Jewush centered side degree, do the English HRA.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Aside from Br Nagy's well taken comment, you gotta be kiddin! We have so many side orders now the Kadoshko Lapel Extender is in overtime production at its new plant (ignoring, of course, the 14% participation at most blue lodges).

If you want a Jewush centered side degree, do the English HRA.
LOL! I didn't say it would be a good idea, considering the downward slide already occurring. However, it would be a great way to introduce some life back into our Blue Lodges.

Bloke

Premium Member
  5. Fine tune them.
You missed 5.1 and 5.2, being "set fees" and appoint yourself leader of the Order :)