My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joining Scottish Rite

Txmason

Howdy!

I am Jerry a newly raised MM, and am interested in the apparent bodies of masonry. I would like to know more about Scottish Rite such as cost to join, opportunities to participant etc. Thank you for your time!

Best,
Jerry

jwhoff

Premium Member
Txmason,
You just missed our last reunion here in Houston. Last weekend at Holland Lodge No. 1.

All your pertanient questions on costs, etc., can be answered by checking in on the website, houston valley of scottish. Go to your favorite search engine, pull up the website and go to membership. Download a Scottish Rite petition and you are good to go.

If you wish to study masonry, I can't think of a better place to get started. Get in and get active. You can work in degrees, stage, wardrobe, props, sound, kitchen, you name it.

The Rite is organized along valleys and we have five (I think) here in Texas. Galveston is oldest and Houston has one of the largest memberships in the nation. We meet every fourth Thursday night. Stay in touch, you're more than welcome to join our third Monday evening of the month study group.

Looking forward to your active membership.