Joining the Valley of Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'The Scottish Rite' started by flameburns623, Jan 26, 2018.

1. flameburns623

flameburns623 Registered User

During the April Reunion. Reading A Bridge To Light by Rex Hutchens now. Enjoying the book. Wish me and my fellow candidates the best!

2. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Unfortunately for your purposes, "A Bridge to Light" describes and interprets the degrees of the Southern Jurisdiction (SJ). The Northern Masonic Jurisdiction (NMJ) has changed the degrees so much that most of what Illustrious Brother Hutchens has written doesn't apply.

Anyway, enjoy the experience, and let us know how it went!

3. flameburns623

Really?

Is there nothing published which provides interpretation of the ritual as the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction performs them?

4. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I've not read this myself, but I believe it was written to be sort of an NMJ answer to Bridge to Light. It's just recently written and published, so it should be quite up to date.
    http://cornerstonepublishers.com/the-masonic-pageant/

flameburns623 likes this.
  5. flameburns623

Just ordered. Thank you. The publisher carries numerous other excellent titles, I see.

6. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Yes, W.Bro Mike Poll (owner of Cornerstone Publishing) is a friend of mine through various Masonic activities. He also puts out a lot of free Masonic education videos through the YouTube channel "New Orleans Scottish Rite College." Don't let the name mislead you; it has a lot of interest beyond Scottish Rite.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDan32grNC2NhbPbDQPQbHQ

7. flameburns623

Wow. Listened to the linked lecture and subscribed the channel. Some interesting history there. Thanks again.

And yes, I noticed that the Cornerstone Publishing site has some diverse titles apart from Freemasonry.

Warrior1256 and MarkR like this.
  8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Congratulations Brother!

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Same here!

MarkR likes this.
  10. flameburns623

I've finally gotten a copy just today and an enjoying the book. Thankds for making me aware of it!

11. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Glad to help!

Share My Freemasonry