My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just for fun

SeattleMason0613

So just for fun but if we found out the 12th planet annaunaki/Sumerian story was true. What would your thoughts be? Would you kneel to the beings and call them god? Or would you still believe there was a god as in the Christian and other religions.

Freemason Connect HD

jwhoff

Premium Member
One must look further. They had to be made by someone. If one believes everything is guided by and at the pleasure of a divine source then why would "Others" prove this concept incorrect? Or, rather, should the question be HOW STRONG IS YOUR BELIEF? Now that question, my brother, will really shake the foundation of most of the profane world. And, I suspect, it's why we can't get along with each other. THOU SHALL NOT ROCK MY BOAT! :001_unsure:

SeattleMason0613

Interesting, I thought it was a interesting philosophical topic is our creators god or our gods creators or to we call the universe god

Freemason Connect HD

SeattleMason0613

I believe say the Sumerians were right and we were created by extra terrestrials and they presented them selves to us that itself would drive the world in to terror and war

Freemason Connect HD

jwhoff

Premium Member
Trust me brother. We don't need any outside help in not getting along with each other.

We're already afraid of each other enough to blow this puppy to smithereens.

Not sure I've ever seen the logic in that: but it is what it is.

:45:

jwhoff

Premium Member
Thanks brother! Haven't watched that one since college days so I took the two hours to review it last night. Forgot some of the zingers and just how well produced this film was for the times. Perhaps TCM will pick it up one evening for the newer generations.

Charley Chaplin. Remember "we" took the opportunity to throw the little guy out of the country. After all, there is the matter of "due diligence."

A most entertaining and poignant film that should never be forgotten.

jwhoff

Premium Member
P.S.

Better say, before Wild Bill Lins pipes up, that I did see it as a rerun MANY YEARS after the opening.

Man, I'm glad I got back to this before Bro Lins got wind of it.

:9:

JJones

I've wondered about this before. I think that everything has to have been made by someone/thing at one point though...what name you give It ( God, The All, etc) is just a matter of labeling.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Can anyone show me where to find a Masonic bible online to read.

In the US most (all?) lodges the Volume of Sacred Law (VSL) open on the altar is the King James Version (KJV). During degrees this can be in addition to the VSL revered by the candidate if he so requested - I've been to degrees where the brother brought his family Glorious Koran.

So the question has two different answers - In general it's the KJV with some notes telling what chapters to see that refer to the events in the degrees. In specific it's what your own revered VSL is whether it's the KJV or not. Each brother might answer the specific one differently.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Can anyone show me where to find a Masonic bible online to read. I don't want to go digging threw books.
Freemason Connect HD

There's no such thing as a "Masonic" bible, other than (as was previously mentioned) a KJV bible with quotes, references, and some pretty embossing.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Let's see here ...

Here on this page, mine says I can mix up almost anything. Says all I need is a frog leg and rooster's neck.

I can come up with a rooster's neck but I b'lieve I ate up all the frog legs last night.

:4:

jwhoff

Premium Member
Truth is, the original KJV had more text than what we buy today.

Don't believe it? Pick up a copy of the original version of the KJV reprinted a few years back.

I wonder how many brethren out there of the Catholic faith have requested a Catholic Bible be placed on the alter. I know of Hindu, Jewish, Buddhist and Islamic sacred scriptures being used.

Anyone know of that happening?

JJones

I have the same bible pictured and a short search through it didn't turn up any of the images posted, although there was one of Bro. Washington.

As for the image labeled 'King James', I'm fairly sure that's Hermetic and I would have been surprised to have found it if I did.