kidnapping in chicago

Discussion in 'Sickness and Distress' started by Ripcord22A, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Brethren- Im posting this here as I am physically sick after what I have just watched. I am so angry that I literally have tears in my eyes. 4 black adults(legally anyways) kidnapped a white male with special needs(I don't know what kind but that shouldn't matter) they tied him up with what looked like a 1" rachet strap strap, taped his mouth shut, beat him, chocked him, cut his hair with a knife and cut a chunk outta his scalp in the process, also cut up his clothes! How have we come to this? How as a society do we have our youth thinking this is ok? one CNN reporter said "I don't think this is evil I just think they had bad HOME TRAINING." What the heck is "HOME TRAINING?" This act and the subsequent acceptance by the media is sickening and inexcusable.

My question is what can we as individual Freemasons and as an organization do to help heal the cracks in out our society?

fmasonlog likes this.
  2. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Here is a link to the CNN story: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/us/chicago-facebook-live-beating/index.html

These people are depraved. As to the "Home Training" I can only guess that they mean that these attackers were not raised in homes that imparted a value system and guidelines as to what is right and what is wrong. I see no way that these actions can be interpreted as anything but evil.

As to what we can do? I am at a loss. How can anyone impart a set of morals on children growing up in homes where the parents or guardians are either not present, don't care or themselves do not posses decent moral values? While I can only see these perpetrators as despicable criminals, it is my belief that they were brought up in environments that played a large role in them ending up this way.

Something has to change, but I have no answer as to what or how.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim and his family.

Warrior1256 and Ripcord22A like this.
  3. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Both myself and my wife carry to protect ourselves and family and neither of us are opposed to stepping up and helping someone in need.

ETA: The above is my response to what we can do? I am always prepared to render aid to my fellow man when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Bill Lins likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I don't care what kind of home life that these men had this is so outrageous that the only definition of this act is evil....much beyond cruel!

Bill Lins likes this.
  5. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

I don't believe it was just males involved

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  6. Keith C

Keith C Registered User

Indeed 2 males and 2 females. It was one of the females that put it on Facebook as it happened.

Blake Bowden likes this.
  7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I'm shocked and dont know how to respond but that thought "you can judge a society by how it treats its weakest members" comes to mind... and society is not government, its the people.. so does that reflect poorly on the society which produced these individuals ? Not always, some people are just mad and bad...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Warrior1256 and Bill Lins like this.
  8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Absolutely!

9. samelevel

samelevel Registered User

It's simply evil stuff ..., it's despicable!

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Share My Freemasonry