My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock and it shal be opened

F

FairbanksMM1363

I guess that you could say my Masonic story is one that just sort of happened. I had graduated college and moved home with my folks, goten out of a bad relationship and well just felt a little lost in life. I have had masonic blood so to speak in my family for at least five generations datign back to the 1800's. The more I studied about my family the more I felt a kinship to them, not because they were family but because they were good men in life and I supose that is what drew me to our great fraternity. I looked up a few of the lodges in my general area at that time and sat down with our then secretary and past master Robert Nichols. After visiting with Robert for a bout a hour or so. During that time I remembered one phrase that Robert said " We take good men and make them better.". He was right in more ways that one. I asked for a petition and with in a week or so I turned it in was interview by the brothers and the next thing I know I am an E.A. with a mentor who will become a trusted friend and mentor. As I progressed through the degree's I got to know the rest of the brothes at Fairbanks 1363 and have come to respect and cherish their friendship. The day I became a master mason was the culmination of time and hard work. It also meant that I was able to fallow fully in the steps of my family and that Icould make myself a better person in the process.
And thats my story
Thanks for listening Brothers I hope I didn't bore you to much.

W

WellArmedTiler

I definitely envy those people who have generations of history with the fraternity. I'm pretty sure I'm the first since my Grandpa, and I barely had a chance to get to know him.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Same here. My Great Grandfather was a Mason in Sweetwater, TX. I plan to attend Lodge there in the next couple of months. It would mean alot if I was able to sit in the same Lodge room he did 55+ years ago.

Bro Mike

I have sat in the lodge where my grandfather and great grandfather each took their obligations. And I have been able to sit in lodge with my dad several times.

Each was a moving experience for me.