My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Land of the Free?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
this is bound to happen in a society. good thing there are consequences:

The Citizen Review Board found that Atlanta Police officer Brandy Dolson had violated APD policies and had falsely arrested Carey.

APD spokesman Lt. Curtis Davenport said Dolson is "suspended without pay for an unrelated incident."

it would seem as though his career at APD doesn't look too bright.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Yeah - this is actually a good story where the system worked. In Austin, under the prior chief, absolutely everything done by an officer was vigorously defended and fought tooth and nail.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
well, it goes both ways. you want to be an officer where the city will stand behind you, but when you really do have a bad apple, the punishment needs to be swift and complete.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
I agree. I'm much more likely to stand behind the officers now, because there is due process. That means some have been bad and some have been good. You can see the difference in how community organizations respond to.

Before, every single thing done was declared good at the very start and finished that way.