My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last meeting in the East tonight

Keith C

Pending any crazy emergency between now and December 17th, tonight will be mi final meeting as Worshipful Master of my Lodge.

It has been an interesting 2 years, which I am equating with the infamous curse "may you live in interesting times." Despite the challenges I am glad to have served as WM and am humbled and honored that Shiloh-MacCalla Lodge No 558 put their faith in me these 2 years.

I have honestly gotten much insight and encouragement from the various posts here on My Freemasonry. Thank you all!

I do see my 2 years in the East of my Lodge, serving as MEHP of my HRA Chapter should be a breeze for the next Capitular year!

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Congratz. Leaving the East is bittersweet.

try to stay active and press the master to keep you involved in the form of committees and ritual. You’re the Junior PM. I hope your new master calls upon you for guidance and inspiration

Bloke

Premium Member
Congratulations. Being WM teaches you things about Freemasonry you don't learn in any other position.
Like Degrees, leaving the East does not mark an end but a new beginning. Yours as a Past Master is to smile, encourage everyone and offer guidance but not to get in the way of good ideas, and sometimes let the bad ones run their course.... but stick around supporting your lodge and focus one of the true roles of Leaders; to nurture and create the next generation of competent leaders.