Laudable Pursuit:A 21st Century Response to Dwight Smith. ByThe Knights of the North

Discussion in 'Recommended Reading' started by Bloke, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

2. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I have been a proponent of this since its creation. I miss the KotN. Some good discussions there. Glad to see it is still being circulated.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

Bloke likes this.
  3. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Blast from the past!

4. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

This and MW Brothers Smith's papers mentioned should be read by every Mason alive.

Bloke likes this.
  5. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

I honestly have mixed feelings about it. For anglo-saxan masonry it might fit like a glove but in other places it honestly does nothing.

6. Winter

Winter Premium Member

It was written, I believe, for mostly North American jurisdictions that were experiencing the long term effects of the Morgan Affair. It wouldn't likely not apply to many other areas around the world that had little to no restructuring as a result of those events.

Bloke likes this.
  7. Mrredsand9

Mrredsand9 Registered User

This was an outstanding article and I tend to agree with many points, especially the thought of using our lodge buildings for more than meetings and practices. I liked the paragraph about having gyms, card games and a morning coffee group at the lodge

8. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

There are more themes in it that than - use of buildings, Grand Master's as tyrants etc.

I think it is interesting as many of the problems have not gone away...

9. Winter

Winter Premium Member

And in many jurisdictions they have only gotten worse. Despite numerous papers and articles written on the subject, many jurisdictions continue to think easier paths to becoming a member are the answer.

Bloke and Zack like this.

Share My Freemasonry