My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy Program

Plustax

I (& my son) recently became members of the Shriners Legacy program & wonder if something like this exists among Texas masons. Anyone ever heard of it?

Plustax

The Shriners legacy program is recognizing blood related Shriners. Persons submit their names and relatives that are Shriners and after some research, persons are recognized at a open meeting and IF the related shriners can be present they are given a certificate, a custom "Legacy" pin and names are placed on a plaque with others for display. It just shows how some shriner sons, fathers, uncles & relatives have followed footsteps of others. I know that Shriners are masons(texas anyway), but I wondered why if Masons have some similar type recognition program. It was surprising to see how many "Lagacy" Shriners showed up to be recognized along with their relative Shriners. Some came with their Great grandfathers, grandfather, father & son. That was pretty awesome.

Sent from my LG-H910 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Plustax

Carving of the lapel Legacy pin that is given to Legacy Shriners.

FB_IMG_1496022427967.jpg

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Carving of the lapel Legacy pin that is given to Legacy Shriners.

View attachment 5751

I know its the name of your Shrine, but "Hella" was a word that we used in Northern California(norcal) when inwas growing up, as in "thats Hella cool!" Meaning more then "very." Was it can also be used alone....."hey man you see my new car?" "Hellaaaa!" I think it applies to no only that carving but the program in general!

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
The Shriners legacy program is recognizing blood related Shriners. Persons submit their names and relatives that are Shriners and after some research, persons are recognized at a open meeting and IF the related shriners can be present they are given a certificate, a custom "Legacy" pin and names are placed on a plaque with others for display. It just shows how some shriner sons, fathers, uncles & relatives have followed footsteps of others. I know that Shriners are masons(texas anyway), but I wondered why if Masons have some similar type recognition program. It was surprising to see how many "Lagacy" Shriners showed up to be recognized along with their relative Shriners. Some came with their Great grandfathers, grandfather, father & son. That was pretty awesome.

Oregon does.

Plustax

The reason I ask is because I would like to perhaps start this in my lodge & wondered if Texas had already tried something like this in the past. I've even come up with a design for a pin.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
If a father and son are both members they get a jewel that can be worn during lodge activites. Also paperwork is kept by the lodge and GL. Have ur sec contact ur GSec to contact
the GSec of Oregon

chrmc

Why give people content and a good Masonic experience when a nice pin and a plaque can do...

I'm sorry, because I know that it sounds bitchy. However sometime I'm just surprised about the things that we believe people are searching for when joining our organizations. Especially when it comes to younger guys.

Plustax

You should have seen the number of persons that came to the Shrine center when they heard about the Legacy recognition program. Shriners that had stopped coming for years even though they had shriner relatives. Many decided to continue coming back to the stated meetings along with their relatives. So...was it all worth it ? I think so... If it worked for Shriners why can't it help masonic lodges? Better to try something than do nothing at all.....

chrmc

You should have seen the number of persons that came to the Shrine center when they heard about the Legacy recognition program. Shriners that had stopped coming for years even though they had shriner relatives. Many decided to continue coming back to the stated meetings along with their relatives. So...was it all worth it ? I think so... If it worked for Shriners why can't it help masonic lodges? Better to try something than do nothing at all.....

Great if it works.