My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limitless

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
[video=youtube;X3U9RsXeJ3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3U9RsXeJ3w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

looks cool.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
Me. No questions asked. Problem is I picked a local doc that won't give me shit in terms of medicine unless I won't live without it. AKA, "Hey doc I feel like I can't concetrate during the day." Response: "Hey, get more sleep, lose some weight, and quit drinking. Those are your main problems. If for some reason after that you still feel the same way about this, come talk to me... here's a pysch's number. Otherwise, quit being lazy and do what's good for your health."

Honestly, my GP gave me that lecture. I was stunned by it. I'll never go to any other doc, no matter the temptation towards the "easy route." It was awesome. He saw high blood pressure... did he just go to HBP meds? No, he asked me how many times I went out to eat and then told me I needed to quit being stupid and just stop eating out so much. I was really impressed by this.

A movie that addresses the "easy temptation" to just take a pill to make us as smart as we want is describing a topic that I feel really hits home for me. Often times I feel tired in the morning, lazy in the afternoon, and slow at work (yea, I'm a fucking genius but the asshole scientists at work make me feel like a regular fucking douchebag joe)... his response: get over it and don't come back to me for the easy way out.

In the beginning, I chose a D.O. instead of an M.D. as a GP thinking he would treat me better (it's what I was used to), but really, I got more than I could bargain for. He's been so entirely "real" and "straight forward" with me that I begin to appreciate movies like this. Fuck it all... no way I would ever take anything unless I couldn't overcome it myself. So what if I could think faster or build muscle stronger... I am who I am and I won't ever become anything better unless I cheat... and there are always consequences.

I'm not an idiot. Maybe in 20-30 years there will be "miracle meds" that do everything we could ever want, and I'll surely do my research for them when they are offered, but for now, they don't exist. For now, the better story is always to be a good man and to become a better man. No pill will ever do that. No pill will lower your blood pressure beyond "eating at McD's less than you do now" besides "eating at McD's less than you do now."

Sorry... /rant. I'm done now.

Last edited:

Txmason

Thanks for that pep talk I needed that. I need to lose weight eat less etc. Your a good guy and just know your not alone in your struggle.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Wow that looks good! So who would take it?

Me, for sure, right after a whole bunch of other people for a long time. :001_smile:
New drugs the promise miracles always seem to come with other promises like, "...may cause seizure, coma, or death...", so I'd like the real world box score before committing.