Literature

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by VHN5150, Jun 4, 2012.

1. VHN5150

VHN5150 Registered User

As as a newly raised Master Mason, I am interested in some good Masonic Literature and light..
    Any suggestions?

2. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Depends on what you are wanting to read about. History of Freemasonry, Masonic history in a specific area, meanings of teachings... There is a world of literature out there. I have even recently found out that searching databases for PDF files of Masonic research can provide some great reading as well. However, here are a few books that I read really recently and enjoyed the heck out of:

"Born in Blood"- John J. Robinson (pretty neat that he was not a Mason when he wrote his first Masonic book, but was later made a Mason, and from what I understand, was given the honor of recieving the 33rd Degree in the Scottish Rite for his works contributing to the good of Masonry just before he passed away.

"The Secret History of Freemasonry: It's Origins and Connection to the Knights Templar"- Paul Naudon

"Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?"- Arturo De Hoys & S. Brent Morris (Both of these gentlemen are well known Brothers/Authors in the Scottish Rite. This book was an ABSOLUTELY fun read because they researched the biggest negatives that are said about Freemasonry, traced where the myth came from, and debunk the authors that penned the bad things. Really gives you something to throw back at the anti-masonic folks by showing that most anti-masonic literature is either someone's own interpretation, ill researched and cited works, or both. Really need and involved stuff from very well known Brothers. For sure should be on your bookshelf at some point...lol)

Like I said, these three books are just a few that I have read really recently. There is a whole ocean of great literature out there. And I'm confident that other Brothers on here will be able to post quite a bit more titles. If you search through the site and the forums on here, you will find plenty of other titles laying around. Good luck, and have fun, Brother!!!

3. calee

calee Registered User

The Hiram Key is a good book

4. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I have posted a bunch of stuff on 4shared. Feel free to browse and download. It is full of stuff I got from another guy on a thumb drive. It is all PDF format also. It doesn't cost anything to download these either. Try this link:
    4shared - My 4shared - shared folder - free file sharing and storage

If it doesn't work let me know I will try to find the right one.

5. SeeKer.mm

SeeKer.mm Premium Member

6. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

7. BEDickey

BEDickey Premium Member

I agree, I bought a copy of the Complete Masonic Library, very worth it. If you are more into the esoteric area, I would strongly recommend anything by Manly P. Hall. Amazing author, to this day considered one of the best in his field. And if your looking into Scottish rite, who can go wrong with the Magnus Opus, Morals and Dogma by Albert Pike.

8. Michaelstedman81

Michaelstedman81 Premium Member

Hiram Key IS a really good book!! I was looking for it on my shelf when this thread was started, but couldn't find it :(

9. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

10. alaskaava182

alaskaava182 Registered User

I'll check most of these out as well!

Share My Freemasonry