My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Local Houston Lodge Needs Help Raising A Soldier Shipping Out

HoustonNick

If your in the area and can help out, please contact the appropriate person below. Unfortunately I can't help that day but would if able.

Brethren,

Liberty Lodge no. 48 will confer all three degrees on a candidate on Saturday February 28, 2009. This candidatge is a 2nd Lieutenant and will be leaving the state for training in Fort

Sill Oklahoma prior to further deployment. Grand Master David Counts has granted dispensation to confer the Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft and Master Mason Degrees and to postpone his proficiency examination in accordance with Articles 39 and 433 of the Laws of the Grand Lodge of Texas.

Naturally Liberty Lodge will welcome any support we can get from the members of other lodges. This will be a major event and will be a first for Liberty Lodge. If you would like to participate in any of the degrees please contact Worshipful Master Dennis Wiggins at 832-658-3278 or email thewiggins2@peoplepc.com. He is building the list of teams for the three degrees.

Worshipful Master Dennis Wiggins has a tentative schedule as follows:
Practice on the EA and FC degree on Tuesday Evening 2/24/09
Practice on the MM degree on Wednesday Evening 2/25/09
Note: First preference for degree team will be given to those who attend the practice.

Degree will be Saturday 2/28/09
8:30 a.m. Breakfast (Coffee/Donuts etc) .
9:15 a.m. Candidate listens to prepatory tape. Open EA lodge

9:30 a.m. Prepare the Candidate and get set up for EA
9:45 a.m. Start EA
10:30 a.m. finish EA degree and close EA lodge.

10:45 a.m. Candidate listens to prepatory tape. Open FC lodge.
11:00 a.m. Prepare the Candidate and get set up for FC
11:15 a.m. Start FC
Noon-ish Finish FC degree and Close FC lodge

Noon-ish Lunch

12:30 p.m. Candidate listens to prepatory tape. Open MM lodge
12:45 p.m. Prepare the Candidate and get set up for MM
1:00 p.m. Start MM
2:15 p.m. finish MM degree.
2:30 p.m. Close MM lodge
Should be finished by 3:30 p.m

nick1368

Brothers if I werent traveling to Austin that day I would love to lend a helping hand. I will pass this information along to members at my lodge.