My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Attendance...

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member
Brethren, what is your average lodge attendance? At 148, we get about 15-25 for stated meetings, depending on what is going on.

owls84

Premium Member
Lake Worth 1410 we have about 200 members total but only 20% show so about 30-40 each stated meeting. I hope to see that go to about 50 this year. We have some good stuff planned.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
We have about 80 or more members. Some have moved off to other areas, too far to drive for the meetings on a regulaer basis. We usually have about 6 or 7 regular who attend Stated Meetings, and 2 or more visitors. Recently, I have talked to some who do not attend like they used to, and I have asked for suggestions. I have been told of activities they used to do, either at or between meetings. I have been able to get the regular members interested in doing these things again, and we are getting a few more to show for either meetings, or for the activities. When I make these suggestions, I give credit to the Brother who has told me of the activity. The W.M. usually tells me it is a great idea, and since I brought it up, to go ahead with whatever it takes to get it going, and the Lodge will provide any assistance I need.... The Brethren have really been a help with the programs, those who attend, and those who don't, but support the Lodge.

owls84

Premium Member
Brother Hippie,

I have dealt with the same thing but the more people you have attend they will want to be active a little more and a little more. Keep the work going and don't get discouraged. I recently had a huge break thtough and the guys that used to just sit there are now offering to help in areas they normally wouldn't have. Also, make sure you are havig fun and not getting burnt out. I would love to hear what you have planned and the results. Keep us posted Brother.

Hippie19950

Premium Member
Brother Josh, we have been doing a Pancake Breakfast 1st Saturday of the month. We've had 2 so far, and have made a little extra money for the Lodge. We have it open to all, and in addition to some of the local folks who just want the breakfast, we have had a few Brothers come by, just to see how things are going, even though they have not attended in many years. (It's a start!) We are beginning to get together to study once a month again. I have heard that years ago, Hearne had a very good Degree Team, and held many events for instruction, as well as certification. One of the daughters suggested a Car Wash, and we are going to go with that. I told her I thought it was a GREAT idea the daughters wanted to do that... That was not her plan, but she jumped right on it, and said she had friends who would help. I have a daughter, and Granddaughter who will help, and more of the other Brethren have indicated they would "volunteer" their daughters to help out. The daughters and wives have stopped in to help with the breakfast as well. Our Lodge is in need of some of the clean up and sprucing I have read about. I have made it a point to mention we should consider using a little of the extra funds to do that. The Brothers are willing to help out, but need a little motivation, prodding, or just plain leadership. Our W.M. was about to give up from the looks on his face a few times. I told him to let me know what he needed or wanted, and I'd do my best to get it done. I've done a little, and the others just join in. All I'm doing, is looking for something to do in my spare time, and I really enjoy it. By the way, if I haven't said it, I LOVE MASONRY!! It's only been a year since I was raised, and had I known what I was in for, I'd have done all of this 20 years ago! My Father-in-law is a Mason, so my wife was aware of it before. Most of my friends over the years have been Masons, so we both have been exposed. She supports it almost as much as I do (she can't attend Lodge, or we'd be neck and neck!). I doubt I'll be here to get a 25 year pin, but who knows. I'll be 58 in October. Pretty healthy, except back, but I keep a positive outlook on everything, and keep moving forward. I'm always looking for otherr things to do to help our bunch, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know. If you think it might work, but not sure, let me know, I'll give it a try, give you the credit, and if it works for us, you can take it to your Lodge :)

nick1368

We have a little over 300 members now ( I think) and we average about 25-30 members & visitors at stated meetings. We have several members across the country and the state. Of course only about 10% of us do the work when it is time for fundraisers. I too would like to do some of the things the used to do. I think the pancake breakfast on the 1st Sat is a great idea and something worth looking into. We used to mail a newsletter which I would like to see started back up because I think that most Brothers get busy and stop coming then kind of forget about Lodge, but maybe if they knew what was going on they would start coming back and get involved. JMHO.

L

Leomarth

At 90, we get 5 to 10. Snowbirds swell our ranks mid-winter to 20'ish.