My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge of sorrow

Ilja van Reede

My father Louis van Reede a master mason past away on the 6th of June. I had to miss my father within a week of hospitalization. He was my mentor and friend. I just started my journey to become a mason. In September his brother's will say their goodbeys in the lodge. I just wished I could be apart of that moment but understand how it is supposed to be.

Ilja van Reede

Sent from my HTC One X using Freemason Connect HD mobile app

LittleHunter

I'm sorry for your loss. Your father will always be with you... a part of you. You will make him proud.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Ilja van Reede

Thanks for the reply littlehunter. Tomorrow I will attend a casual dinner whit the brothers from my fathers lodge. My chance to meet more masons from the lodge my father was a part of. Tomorrow I will hear when my first meeting will be. A bit nervous but very exited to start working.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
My father Louis van Reede a master mason past away on the 6th of June. I had to miss my father within a week of hospitalization. He was my mentor and friend. I just started my journey to become a mason. In September his brother's will say their goodbeys in the lodge. I just wished I could be apart of that moment but understand how it is supposed to be.

Ilja van Reede

Prayer for you...

For our days are not only few; but full of evil. Anxieties perplex us; dangers alarm us; infirmities oppress us; disappointments afflict us; losses impoverish us; And we fear Thine anger and Thine wrath.

O shut not Thy merciful ear to our prayers, but spare us, O most Holy Lord; O God, most mighty; O holy and most merciful Savior; Thou most worthy judge eternal.

Suffer us not, at our last hour, for any bitter pains of death, to fall from Thee. And we beseech Thee O Lord To receive with mercy unto Thine arms the soul of our dear departed brethren today, that we may rejoice in their life And honor their passing to Thy eternal care.

-- AMEN

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
My condolences to you and your family in your time of grief. May you rejoice in the fact that, as a Mason, your father, had a working faith in the Almighty, and I feel, that his immortal soul will dwell for eternity with the Almighty.