My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge Visibilty

imxbx

Attach the Stone of Triumph
Premium Member
My Lodge is located in an office park, not typically what you think of when thinking of a Lodge. I always imagined something brick and mortar, kind of old feeling with an obvious S&C on display on some part of the building. Regardless, we just got some fancy decals for the doors/windows and an awesome reflective sign for the corner. Interested to see what your guys' Lodge buildings look like and curious as to how you guys make the Lodge visible (or not, and why, if that's the case).
IMG_1101.JPG

Descartes

The outside of my lodge, as supplied by maps.
The large S & C outside actually lights up when turned on. It sits right next to a bank, just about on the corner of a busy street.
Yet it still feels somewhat easy to walk right past it if you are unaware of the symbol or just not paying attention.

7d7fd3dbc8f0b7ec5deedb842ffaee55.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
The outside of my lodge, as supplied by maps.
The large S & C outside actually lights up when turned on. It sits right next to a bank, just about on the corner of a busy street.
Yet it still feels somewhat easy to walk right past it if you are unaware of the symbol or just not paying attention.

7d7fd3dbc8f0b7ec5deedb842ffaee55.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using My Freemasonry mobile app

I almost didn't see the S&C on the buildings roof on my small phone screen....

Bloke

Premium Member
Your images are better than my link but when I tried to put in images, they showed in preview but not post .... (if you have an idea on that, pm me rather than take this thread off topic.... i suspect the images did not show due to security settings or size)

jermy Bell

Mine is in the open, in the middle of town, on the corner next to city hall. And there are people who didn't know it was there.

Elexir

We rent from another order (a total of four orders use it), wich is not uncommon for orders in Sweden to do. In Sweden some masonic buildings have a S&C but its more common to use the masonic cross wich is a red St George cross with specific dimensions. We also have a flag up on lodge days with a masonic cross on a white background.

As for website, the GLs website has been done so that all lodges can be found directly there with adresses and all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-03-04-48-32.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-03-04-48-32.png
    815 KB · Views: 362

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
We rent from another order (a total of four orders use it), wich is not uncommon for orders in Sweden to do. In Sweden some masonic buildings have a S&C but its more common to use the masonic cross wich is a red St George cross with specific dimensions. We also have a flag up on lodge days with a masonic cross on a white background.

As for website, the GLs website has been done so that all lodges can be found directly there with adresses and all.
Is that eagle a Scottish rite or ......

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Elexir

No, it belongs to another order called Svarta Örns orden (brotherhood of the black eagle) that owns the building.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-03-23-06-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-03-23-06-10.png
    881 KB · Views: 354

CLewey44

lodgefront.jpg

The name is now missing and the new name and number "Shiloh-MaCalla Lodge No. 558 F&AM" is in the process of being installed.

2006-temple-building-final-006-jpg.5703

These two are really nice. I like the feel of them. The exterior anyways.