My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long distance correspondence

J Chapman

Hello brethren, from Lodge Cessnock 252 Hunter Valley, NSW - Australia.

Thought I might share a positive experience through these trying Covid times.

We recently reached out and held a meeting from our lodge in NSW Australia with Lodge Roger Williams 32 in Rhode Island USA via zoom.
Our WM came up with the idea because his family is from Rhode Island. He broached the subject with their WM Scott and he accepted.

10am our time, 6pm theirs, we talked for nearly 2 hours and discussed thing such as the differences and similarities between Freemasonry in Aus and the USA and because we used a laptop camera, we were even able to give them a tour of our lodge which was cool.

We hope to do this again in the future, and encourage other lodges to randomly reach out and do the same! It was both fun and educational for both parties.

Since staring our Lodges Instagram last year we’ve actually made quite close friends with some other lodges in other countries so hopefully soon we can organise to do it again!

Hope you’re all well Brethren!
Good day

973c32c1b51b87db85f4300c9d1feee0.jpg

fefaeaa42b88a604a84feab9b3a3cd9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile