My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a lodge in or near sulphur springs tx?

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
go to our website.................mwphgltx.org...........there is a roster of Lodges here in Texas and abroad that are under the jurisdiction of the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas..............however, I really wish you would consider the advice we gave you on a previous thread-----WAIT UNTIL YOU GET STATIONED AND DONE WITH BOOT CAMP.........MASONRY WILL BE HERE.........This isnt something you do when rushed. You need to allocate time for the petitioning process, and if accepted, time for you to complete your degree work. Each Lodge varies with its time when doing the work. I think you will be in a MUCH better position after you're done with Boot Camp. Trust me, you WILL DEFINITELY see and meet Prince Hall Masons in the Military......you will have NO problem with that......remain humble, get to know the Brothers, and that will be a better fit for you, as they may be closer to your age............MORE IMPORTANTLY, it will give you time to spend time with your father and fellowship before you leave, without arguing or debating about Masonry...............you will leave as a Boy, and RETURN A MAN................JUST MY TWO CENTS............THINK AND PRAY, AND ALLOW GOD TO BE YOUR GUIDE............MASONRY ISN'T SOMETHING YOU JOIN TO PROVE A POINT TO YOUR FATHER. Doing that right now JUST to stand up to him will only create discord in your family.......and THAT is something Masonry isnt designed to do.......................consider my advice, and take your time...............BRO. JONES

KO2134

thanks for your help i sat and talked with my das and showed him the mwphglotx website and showed him some videos on youtube from freemason and even showed him some videos from conspiracy theoriest we wound agreeing to disagree because he believed the conspiracy theoriest but we wound up agreeing that if i come and visit him ( mom and dad aren't together and i live with mom) that all i had to do is take off my ring

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
And while I can understand your wanting to "show" Pops the good things about Masonry, it won't do you any good right now. Pop is set in his belief system. Once you become a Mason, and begin to APPLY THE TENETS OF THE INSTITUTION TO YOUR LIFE, your Dad will see the change in you for the better. Masonry has made me a stronger Man of GOD, a better Husband and Father, and a better Supervisor at work. Keep in mind that simply being made a Mason won't do this for you; what helps you do this is reading and UNDERSTANDING Masonry in depth. THEN, a Man makes a CHOICE to live his life based on Christian as well as MASONIC principles. Keep me posted on your progress...................Pray Psalm 40..................Bro Jones