Looking for Monitor of The Lodge

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by Txmason, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

I am looking for a Monitor of the Lodge book for Texas it is printed by Waco Printing a rather smallish book I would like to buy one to have a copy to use while I am chaplain and to study from.

If anyone has one please let me know and what condition and how much.

Best
    Jerry Johnston

2. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Your lodge can give you one.

3. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

I have one in a binder but I like the book format it is easier to hold when I say the prayer

4. JVan357

JVan357 Registered User

Ebay, about 80-100 bucks!

5. rpbrown

rpbrown Premium Member

I am not sure they even make the small bound Monitors any more. I haven't seen one in several years.

6. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Floridas..

ImageUploadedByMy Freemasonry Pro1409861075.063716.jpg

7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Hardbound, nice.
    The Texas on is on iBooks for 99ยข, but that doesn't really help if you want a bound version.

8. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

We get ours free when raised. I think to buy they are like 10-20 bucks if need purchased at lodge. Our masonic code book is the same but red .

9. Raymond Walters

Raymond Walters Premium Member

As stated earlier, your Lodge or Grand Lodge should have this (and other) books. Should you obtain it through official channels, you are certain to get the correct book. Just my 2 cents...

Attached Files:

10. otherstar

otherstar Registered User

It is my understanding that the Grand Lodge no longer produces the bound versions of the Monitor and that loose leaf version is the only one available now. I have my bound version, but plan on getting the loose leaf version at some point because I think there have been a few minor changes made.

Are you able to memorize the prayers? That's what our chaplain does (and we have a few others in the lodge who have them memorized as well).

11. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

I would like to find and old Texas version of the black covered Lightfoots monitor of the lodge. My dad had one at some point, and would like to get him another. He liked to carry it in his pocket when going to lodge for some reason. I bought him a new three ring version, but I can tell he doesn't like it the same.

12. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

They quit making them some years back. I liked them because they would fit in one's pocket.

13. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Yep, stopped making them some time ago. You can get them on ebay and if you're lucky, get a copy of Lightfoot's Manual of the Lodge (with commentaries). Totally worth the $50-100. There is a local bookstore around the corner from my office that regularly gets bound versions of the Texas Monitor. I usually pick them up when I see them and get them in the hands of newer brothers that want a bound version. Next time I stop by, I'll check and see if they have any. If they do, I'll pick one up for ya.

14. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

@crono782 oh that would be wonderful! If you find one buy it and I will gladly pay you back for it! I would love one:) let me know.

I would graciously appreciate it!

Best,
    Jerry

15. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

That would be awesome brother.... Let me know what it cost and I'll send you the money.....

16. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Looking forward to hearing from you. Let me know when you find one and what I owe you

17. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

Yowza! I'm glad I got mine on Ebay 10 years ago when they were one tenth of this price!

18. JTM

JTM "Just in case" Premium Member

Those "old" bound monitors were so much better than the folders they hand out now...

19. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

So, I swung by the bookstore today and found just ONE bound monitor and picked it up. Good condition, 1982 printing. Couple very minor dings to front cover, name on inside page, no torn pages. $10 + shipping (shouldn't be much inside TX). Since a couple have asked for one, y'all hash out who gets it and PM me. ;) Either way, I'm sure I'll find another soon. These turn up every few months or so.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

20. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

I'll take it. PM me where to send the check. $20.00 cover the cost of the book shipping and tip?

Share My Freemasonry