My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love It or Hate It...passed

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
"Obama had said the day's vote "is going to define the difference between the Republican and Democratic parties for decades.""

He's exactly correct.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
It has passed the House, it still has the senate to go. Also once this is signed into law you will have the court battles.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Some times its best for one to keep his "true" feelings and emotions in private when it comes to dealing with these kinds of subjects. I will offer one and only one statement.

Its Wrong.

owls84

Premium Member
I do not like this at all. I mean 39 Democrats voted against it. They were talking about it last night and said "By the time the Senate is done with it it will look nothing like the one that the house passed." Then I think, how in the hell can that be. The same bill should have to pass house and senate is that not how checks and balances work? I hate the way our politicians have turned the best government in the world into such an ineffective piece of crap that is currently is. Not for the people but the politicians pocketbook. I can't wait till they go before God and have to explain this one.

Sirius

I do not like this at all. I mean 39 Democrats voted against it. They were talking about it last night and said "By the time the Senate is done with it it will look nothing like the one that the house passed." Then I think, how in the hell can that be. The same bill should have to pass house and senate is that not how checks and balances work? I hate the way our politicians have turned the best government in the world into such an ineffective piece of crap that is currently is. Not for the people but the politicians pocketbook. I can't wait till they go before God and have to explain this one.

You actually want it to be hard and complicated for a bill to become a law. The house passes a bill , the senate amends the bill , and both chambers appoint a conference committee. then both cahmbers agree to one bill.

I think everyone is way to hung up on the public option. It's one of the smaller aspects of the bill. Competition is encouraged by this bill. What could be more capitalist?

What is it that there going to have to explain to God? That seems a bit over the top. I mean it's health care legislation, not a bill to kill all the puppies and kittens in the land.

owls84

Premium Member
You actually want it to be hard and complicated for a bill to become a law. The house passes a bill , the senate amends the bill , and both chambers appoint a conference committee. then both cahmbers agree to one bill.

I think everyone is way to hung up on the public option. It's one of the smaller aspects of the bill. Competition is encouraged by this bill. What could be more capitalist?

What is it that there going to have to explain to God? That seems a bit over the top. I mean it's health care legislation, not a bill to kill all the puppies and kittens in the land.

After reading this, I am convinced there is absolutely nothing wrong with politicians and how they (or their parties) receive kick-backs by lobbyist. That this is a bill that was pushed by private companies that will become very wealthy. Nope. I totally think that the system as we know it is completely for the people by the people.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
After reading this, I am convinced there is absolutely nothing wrong with politicians and how they (or their parties) receive kick-backs by lobbyist. That this is a bill that was pushed by private companies that will become very wealthy. Nope. I totally think that the system as we know it is completely for the people by the people.

LMAO!! I agree totally! By the People & for the People... The rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting further in debt with no way out.

HKTidwell

Premium Member

I've come to the determination that you like stirring the pot and the bigger the pot the more spoons you get out and rig to automatically stir!:biggrin:

I try to limit the amount of political comments I make here. My comments tend to be very blunt on politics and not the reason I am here. Thus why my above comments I held to fact and not my opinion. No I do not always do this, sometimes I go ahead and spit out what I'm thinking.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Its going to be interesting to see what happens in the next two elections.

I can not wait. Looks like I'll be helping in the Ft. Hood - Waco area. For the most part Texas overwhelmingly was against this bill. Only Six of Thirty-two representatives from Texas voted for it.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member

The problem is that the government does not & will not compete with private enterprise on an equal footing. Sooner or later the private interests will be driven from the field & all we will be left with is the government's "solution".

Yes, there are problems & abuses in our current system, but I believe we would be better served to correct those problems & abuses rather than to reinvent the entire system.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I can not wait. Looks like I'll be helping in the Ft. Hood - Waco area. For the most part Texas overwhelmingly was against this bill. Only Six of Thirty-two representatives from Texas voted for it.

Yup- even Chet Edwards smelled the coffee.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I try to limit the amount of political comments I make here. My comments tend to be very blunt on politics and not the reason I am here. Thus why my above comments I held to fact and not my opinion. No I do not always do this, sometimes I go ahead and spit out what I'm thinking.

Well, at least you're not a Puss-Boy like rhit! :21: