My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macoy codebook

tomasball

Premium Member
The Grand Lodge is now providing a link to Macoy's publishing, where we find the King Solomon Lone Star edition marketed as "the only officially approved ritual by the Grand Lodge of Texas". Someone's memory of that meeting is much different from mine.

TMcgee

I’m excited. I feel like a new page is turning in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
I have one and it looks good ... I was told that it does have a few errors ... but it's better than the last version .

Last edited:

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I thought the committee on work was going to correct it and Maccoy was to be the sole publisher. I would think it would be accurate. That was what I remembered from Grand Lodge, but I have remembered many things wrong in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

chrmc

I thought the committee on work was going to correct it and Maccoy was to be the sole publisher. I would think it would be accurate. That was what I remembered from Grand Lodge, but I have remembered many things wrong in the past.

I believe that to be the case. Not sure where Blake has his info, but do not believe his statement is accurate. However feel free to enlighten us.

Last edited:

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I believe that to be the case. Not sure where Blake has his info, but do not believe his statement is accurate. However feel free to enlighten us.

I could have been very well mistaken. It has been so long for the end product I have forgotten how it was laid out. It still will never substitute for mouth to ear. There are some phrases and tricks that my teacher taught me that a book could never take its place. However if there are some that will strictly use the book to memorize they should have a corrected version. They can still mess that up on their own.... hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
but I have remembered many things wrong in the past
And this is part of the problem. At least if it's written, even in code, there won't be any dispute on the tense of the word.....

Both of.my jurisdictions have a cipher and the GL have a nonciphered version so in the rare case there is a dispute u call the GRSec and say I need page 22 line 4 word 6 and they say it's WORD (just an example not actual ritual)

Also it allows the candidate to study on their own

Sent from my SM-G386T using My Freemasonry mobile app

Plustax

And this is part of the problem. At least if it's written, even in code, there won't be any dispute on the tense of the word.....

Both of.my jurisdictions have a cipher and the GL have a nonciphered version so in the rare case there is a dispute u call the GRSec and say I need page 22 line 4 word 6 and they say it's WORD (just an example not actual ritual)

New Green book. All is correct

Sent from my LG-H910 using My Freemasonry mobile app

CLewey44

No doubt....its hard enough to find the time just to learn the cat lectures much less rituals and whatnot. We were eligible to buy the RED book in OK upon receiving the 3rd degree. Very valuable.

dfreybur

Premium Member
It's just the beginning. Before long, mouth to ear won't mean anything. It'll be who can best memorize an inaccurate cipher book.

I hold membership in a cipher jurisdiction and a written-out-except-specific-words jurisdiction. All the work is done by memorization in all tiled meetings.

What happens is during practice there is a definite right answer not two ritual experts going "What I have is ..."

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I hold membership in a cipher jurisdiction and a written-out-except-specific-words jurisdiction. All the work is done by memorization in all tiled meetings.

What happens is during practice there is a definite right answer not two ritual experts going "What I have is ..."

Bingo!

LK600

Premium Member
Our's is by cipher, and I wonder how areas that use strictly mouth to ear keep things straight (accurate). Having said that, sometimes it feels like I'm learning double.... first learning the information, second learning how to decode lol.