My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Make a Motion, Make a Difference

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
There are many Brothers out there who cannot attend Lodge. Are they lesser a Brother because of this? Imagine due to health reasons you are unable to attend. You have a longing to attend Lodge, the longing to visit with your fellow Brothers, the longing to feel that you still matter to the Brotherhood of upstanding men. Here's what we did at Gonzales 30:

Compile a list of Brethren who have health issues and are unable to attend Lodge.

Have some greeting cards printed up. This can be done on a home computer, or at a print shop rather inexpensively.

Include a poem and/or have the Lodge members sign the card.

Mail it.

Do you realize what the impact these simple steps would have on a Brother? Put yourself in their shoes. Wouldn't it touch your heart if the Lodge did that for YOU? Lets honor our Brethren who cannot attend Lodge by reminding them that the oath we all took stands true, and that they will always be in our hearts and prayers. It's not hard, it's not expensive and I would be willing to help you guys in any way I can.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
it turns out i can't go. I have a historical preservation committee retreat this friday, and we have to work on saturday (an annual tradition at my work).

sucks.

but in other news, i have no suggestions to add to the pot.