Map of Texas Lodges

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Nate Riley, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

Does anyone know of an interactive map of lodges in Texas? Or maybe a layer for Google Earth?

2. David Hill

David Hill Registered User

I'd love to see a Google Earth overlay. How cool would that be?

3. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

Bro. Reilly

Try looking up Traveller US on iTunes. It is an app on iTunes that you can download for $7.99 that shows the locations of nearby lodges via a map or listings. Plus you can buy additional location for Shrine, Scottish Rite, and York Rite for .99

It also works for android phones as well ( I think).

Best,

Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

4. robert leachman

robert leachman Registered User

Some thing else GL should have on the web page!!!!

5. Nate Riley

Nate Riley Premium Member

Here is a link to a set of Google Earth layers.

D Lime Ranch - Mason - Texas Masonic Lodges

I just clicked on the Google KML File link, then clicked Open. It opened in Google Earth. Then when I closed out, I saved it to my places. Now it works independently when I open Google Earth.

Cool feature! Kudos and many thanks to Bro. Homi Limbuwala, out of Dublin, TX for creating and posting it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. kriskirkland

kriskirkland Registered User

The kml files appear to be out of date. As part of the future GLoT website GLIC (Grand Lodge Internet Committee) will be providing an updated KML layer of all Texas Lodges. Stay tuned for more information!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  7. Benton

Benton Premium Member

Sounds very cool! Still waiting for the app that includes locations and meeting times, etc. :)

Share My Freemasonry