My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Master

Timothy Fleischer

After being raised a Mason in 1995, I finally petitioned an appendant body (York Rite). Earlier this week I received -- along with another Master Mason -- the degree of Mark Master. I am going to go through the degrees one at a time I think. I know that will take quite some time and might be a burden to the local Chapter and Council, but Masonry has not been a foot race for me so far. I think I will find more meaning in taking the degrees one at a time than in stacking them all into one day.

Before the next step, I would like to study some of the symbolism of the Mark Master degree. Any suggestions?

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
"Tell Me More About the Mark Degree" by Rev'd Neville Barker Cryer. I have a review posted in the Research forum and you can get it on Amazon.com

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Brother Tim, I apologize for the brevity of my first reply (the keyboard on a Kindle Fire is NOT user friendly), but I wanted to congratulate you on continuing your Masonic journey! I think you will enjoy your degree work and I am an advocate of doing the degrees individually as you are. There is a need for festivals and they serve the craft well, but having worked in the degrees in both styles, my preference is individual degrees.

In addition to the book above - "Tell Me More About the Mark Degree" - I have another recommendation for you. If you have time (I'm not sure how long your Chapter and Council degrees will take), I recommend sitting in on the Blue Lodge degrees and pay particular attention to the lectures. Become- as much as possible- familiar with the story and the names of the principle characters and their particular place in the story.

Once you've completed your Capitular and Cryptic degrees, you might check under the Research forum here and check out some of the books I've reviewed. I think I've posted reviews for five or six different books related to the York Rite.

Good luck on your journey and enjoy your degrees!

S&F
BroBill

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
I took the plunge as well, and received the Mark Master degree last night... and all I can say is "WOW!!"

I went in pretty much cold turkey, and was really impressed by both the flow of the degree and the lessons imparted. It seemed to be definitely a step up in intensity, and definitely left its "mark" upon my heart and conscience. Definitely fired me up to continue inthe Chapter...