My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masonic Communication

owls84

Premium Member
We are prohibited to have Masonic Communication with organizations as members of GLoTX. One thing I have had issues with is the definition of Masonic Communication. I have heard many different definitions and have one of my own but I would love to hear everyone's definition and possibly clear up any misunderstaning.

What is Masonic Communication??

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I've always been told that it referred to the esoteric work & modes of recognition only. YMMV

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm glad this question was brought up. Over the past year I've been contacted by Brothers who've expressed concern over Prince Hall Masons and "our" interactions with them.

This is a public forum and discussing events or general Freemasonry IS NOT Masonic Communication. I've consulted with DDGM's, PM's, DI and even Grand Lodge Officers and not a single one has an issue with it. That being said, I encourage our Prince Hall Brothers to participate on this website.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
Masonic communication my vary from one jurisdiction to another, but basically it is that communication that is lawful to discourse from one regular member or members to another regular member/s. In other words, no masonic communicating of the esoteric signs,words, or ceremonies to anyone unless they are entitled to them. Just remember your obligation.

BroBook

Premium Member
I know this thread is really old but I had that same question: but want to rephrase it, " what is considered as Masonic Intercourse, signs, grips, passwords & what?

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Bro. Red Templar's post, just above yours, puts it just about as clear as it can be put.

BroBook

Premium Member
Yes got it, since the thread was so old, was checking to see, did anybody have further input!!!

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Masonic communication my vary from one jurisdiction to another, but basically it is that communication that is lawful to discourse from one regular member or members to another regular member/s. In other words, no masonic communicating of the esoteric signs,words, or ceremonies to anyone unless they are entitled to them. Just remember your obligation.
This is what I'll abide unless told otherwise.