My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

masonic gift

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
A stained-glass panel with the S&C. I've received many gifts over the years but, because the Brother, whom I respect tremendously, made it with his own hands, I cherish it. I never knew, until he gave it to me, that he thought so highly of me. Every time I look at it, it inspires me to try to be the Mason he considers me to be. I don't know if he reads these forums but, in case he does, thank you once again, Bro. Gary!

Brother Jason Eddy

A lapel pin. Small, but very meaningful. It was given to me when I was raised by my mentor. He told me that it was given to him nearly 30 years ago by his Father-in-law and was the first Masonic item that he was ever given, so he wanted it to be my first as well. I never go to Lodge without it...

bgs942

Premium Member
My Grandfather's ring the night I was raised and a cuff link/tie tack set from a dear friend and brother that was his Grandfather's.

M.M.Wood

My Grandmother game me my Grandfathers’ ring after I was raised along with some other things such as hats and neck tie. I cherish the ring as it is from 1971 and remember him wearing it.

relapse98

My wife's great-grandfather's ring. Wear it whenever I wear my watch and wedding ring. I also have her grandfather's little blue book friend and use it knowing he also used it.

Txmason

I was given my instructors Masonic he bought when he was raised. Also, last year I received my uncles Masonic ring. Plus my grandmother gave my my grandfathers Masonic apron, 50 year veterans medal and pin. His master mason certificate from Dec. 1, 1941 when he was raised the same day as his brother my uncle. I also received my grandfathers cipher book and three Hardy Masonic books for EA, FC, and Master Mason.

jwhoff

Premium Member
The ring I wear.

It was purchased by my father when he became a mason three months before my birth. My brother wore it after my father. He took it off his finger and placed it on mine the night I was raised after I slipped into the hospital with two brethren from the lodge to relay the news. This was truly a shock to me. My brother perished from a long bout with lung cancer two days later.

I'm sure there will not be another gift so close to my heart. Someday, hopefully, I can become the third member of my linage to take this ring off his finger and place it on another member of the family. We're seven generation masons, stretching from Alsace Loraine, through Louisiana and now Texas. Both sides of my family are full of masonic heritage. There are other heirlooms in the family that were handed down from my father's older brothers to their families as well.

This is truly a brotherhood without peer. We're all lucky men.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
What an emotional story. I hope that being the first Mason in my family I have an opportunity to pass something on to my sons.

I have yet to wear a ring but I have one waiting for me. It was my wife's fathers ring. He passed away when she was 9. Having his ring given to me by my mother-in-law meant a lot to me. I hope to wear it in a manner that would do him proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

Nate C.

I have my great grandfather's masonic ring, but it is too fragile for me to feel comfortable wearing it.

One of the Sir Knights from Beauseant Commandery # 86 in Illinois makes handmade skinning knives as a fundraiser. They have antler handles with the S&C engraved in the side. I gave one to my best friend.