Masonic language

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Castro81, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Castro81

Castro81 Registered User

Hey brothers, im hoping you can give me some light. There are some masonic terms or phrases, words that i don’t understand or know. For instance, what does it mean when someone uses or says “brother caution”? I know what it means when we say “on the level” or that person or brother is “square”. But what does it mean when a brother says travel light? Help a brother out. Oh, please feel free to add any other phrases or whatever! Thank you brothers!!

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I’d recommend you speak to a member of your lodge.

Phil Pearce and CLewey44 like this.
  3. Castro81

Castro81 Registered User

LOL, if you read my other thread i posted, yould understand why thats a lost cause.

4. Thomas Stright

Thomas Stright Premium Member

Then you should seek a lodge that will give you light....

Phil Pearce and CLewey44 like this.
  5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I went back and reviewed your posts. My recommendation stands.

Many years ago, I had repeated difficulty and brusque exchanges with a judge (a martinet,who referred to himself in the third person) before whom I frequently appeared. I asked a colleague for ideas to deal with the issues, as he knew the judge. He recommended asking the judge for help.

I did so. I don’t even remember the problem I brought to him. The relationship turned 180 degrees. Even after he changed assignments, when appearing before him he greeted me cheerfully like an old friend as I approached the bar.

I would encourage you to do so. If it doesn’t work with one brother (and I emphasize the word), try another, or two at a time. You’ve lamented the lack of a mentor. As this is important to you, I recommend you take responsibility for finding one.

But that’s just one old mason’s view.

6. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Brother, I think they are simply trying to keep anything 'secretive' under a certain veil. You will be best served to ask someone these things in person that knows you personally to be a Freemason.

Bloke and Glen Cook like this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Good move! With most people if they feel that you respect them they will have a kindly feeling towards you.

Share My Freemasonry