Masonic Martial Artists

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Special Interests' started by Ian Niswonger, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Ian Niswonger

Ian Niswonger Premium Member

Do you practice Martial Arts? What style do you practice and where do you practice at?
    How has Martial Arts changed your life?
    How has Masonry impacted your Martial Arts and vice versa?

2. NY.Light.II

NY.Light.II Registered User

I hold a Blackbelt in Tae Kwon Do. It's helped me with fitness and mental discipline.

In terms of a Masonic connection, I'm not yet a mason, so I can't speak to that. However, there is a group here in NYC that calls itself the "NY Chinese Freemason Athletic Club", although it doesn't seem to bear the hallmarks of any regular/recognized body of freemasonry.

Ian Niswonger likes this.
  3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I attained Black Belt in Shotokan Karate and Yoshin Ryu Jujitsu. It taught me to have more respect for others.

4. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

I have black belt in Brazilian Jiujitsu, Scandinavian Defendo and Taekwondo (2.dan Kukkiwon)
    I just had a conversation with a brethen at our lodge this week about similarities in martial arts and freemasonry and how it is important to go trought the necessary steps to become master in both. You can't skip steps.

Any one else find similarities in ma and fm?

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

Agreed!

6. JanneProeliator

JanneProeliator Registered User

Warrior1256 When I had my own a Taekwondo club in the city of Tampere back in early 2000's we shared a dojo/dojang with sensei Willy J. Ortiz of Shotokan karate.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

Cool! My grandson also studied Taekwondo for awhile. Really a fast paced art.

Share My Freemasonry